Part five

Dan P.O.V.

As I came to my senses, I realised my pillow seemed to be rising up and down and a pattern was being drawn on my back. Opening my eyes slowly, I remembered that the culprit of these doings was Phil after a flood of memories hit me and I smiled at them, my lips tingling at thought of Phil's kiss.

I was expecting to be covered in a blanket of light, but instead was met by a darkened room. I shuffled slightly and stretched, making Phil aware of my waking.

"Phil?" I turned my head so that I could face him.

"Yeah?"

"Why is the room dark?" I asked him, a twinge of confusion in my voice.

"It's only 9pm; we went to sleep around 2 in the afternoon. How are you feeling?" With the events that happened and being asleep, I had totally forgotten that I was supposed to be suffering from a hangover. I kept my mind silent for a moment to let my body scream at any pain it was in.

"I'm okay, I've just got a headache," I sat up and stretched and the cold air wrapped around me, making me miss Phil's warm body against my own. As if he could read my mind he sat up behind me and loosely put his arms around my waist and kissed my cheek. My heart flipped over and I entwined my fingers with his, loving how they fitted with mine. It was perfect.

He was perfect.

I loved Phil.

"We should go out," he said, killing the soft silence that had fallen on us.

"Out? Now? Are you sure?"

"Yeah! Why not?"

"Phil, London is hardly safe at night," I laughed, still not sure if he was being serious.

"I'll protect you!" He moved so he was in front of me and put a leg at either side of my hips, his eyes beaming.

"More like me protecting you!" He pouted and I grinned at his expression.

"I have protected you once, like when there was a mouse in your room, you slept in my bed for almost two weeks!"

"Well... it would've eaten me in my sleep!" I tried to fight back a blush but failed and now it was his turn to laugh at me.

"Aww Danny!" I scrunched up my face as Phil began to poke my cheeks.

"Phil! Get off!" I batted his hands away and he laughed.

"Dan, you're adorable," He cupped my face and smiled at me and it reached his eyes, making the blue in them look even brighter.

"T-thanks," I half-smiled at him feeling a bit awkward with the way he was staring at me.

"Daniel James Howell, I am so in love you," the words made my heart melt and my face broke out into another grin.

Guilt crept inside me though, I loved Phil, but I wasn't in love with him. I didn't worry, I was sure the feelings would come in time.

"I love you too Philip," I closed the gap between us by bringing my lips to his. It felt like I had waited years for this, but now that I had it I wasn't complaining.

He pulled away and looked into my eyes for a moment before finding new energy.

"Come on Dan, letâs go!" He gave me another peck on the lips and ran out the room into his own. Silence flooded the room for a minute as I lay back down, hearing Phil shuffling about next door, smiling to myself as I heard him humming an unfamiliar and out of tune song to himself.

He came back wearing a plaid shirt and skinny jeans, his black hair was brushed and he smelled of cologne.

He spotted me still in bed and pulled a face and sat next to me.