001: 𝓡𝓮𝓼𝓾𝓶𝓮

~ 6 years later ~

My phone rang. I first saw my younger brother's name on it. Why is he calling me at this hour? It's 1 am and why isn't he sleeping yet?

"Sunoo-yah? Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

"Nothing."

"Don't you have school tomorrow? You need to sleep early," I told him. I see him pouting through the phone.

"How is it there in Seoul?" he asked in a wretched way. "It's fine here. How about in Busan?"

"Fine as always."

"Noona, I miss you so much." I heard him sniffing the phone. I giggled. "Don't cry. I'll come back there soon. Noona just has to look for a job."

"But Noona, I miss you so much. I want to see you so bad."

"Calm down, Sunoo-yah. I'll come there, I promise. Now got to sleep okay? I need to finish my resume. I need a job."

"Okay," he says and lets out a sigh. I feel so bad for him. "Take care of mom and dad okay? Take care of yourself too."

"Yes, Noona."

"Goodnight. I love you," I said and made a kissing noise. He made one too and giggled. "Goodnight Noona. I love you too and I miss you!" he said. He disconnects the phone.

I put my phone down looking at my laptop, reading my resume. It looks fine, but why do people not accept me in their restaurants?

I put my hands on my forehead as it brushed to the back of my hair. Making me look stressed.

My phone rang again. Aish, Sunoo is so stubborn.

I checked my phone but saw it was my best friend Chaeyoung. She was calling me at this hour.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked her. I put the loudspeaker on and leaned my phone on the pen storage.

"How's your job? Got accepted?" she asked. "Nah, I'm renewing my resume. No restaurant wants to accept me!" I whined and sighed heavily.

"Where are you planning to find a job as a chef?" she asked me. She was eating her ramen while looking at me with my tired face.

"Leisure Heavenly Hotel, I guess? There's a restaurant there and they're looking for a chef."

"Seriously?! LH Hotel? That's too much, Ari. That hotel is one of the most expensive yet most popular hotels here in Seoul." she said. "I know, I know. But I really need to find a job."

"Are you sure they're looking for a chef?" she asked. "Yeah, here let me show you their post."

I scrolled at my laptop to find the post wherein they were finding for a chef to hire. My face shifted to a whining one. "Why?" Chaeyoung asked me.

"They hired someone already! This was my only chance!" I scratched my hair harshly and pulled it. I looked down at the table and closed my eyes.

"Relax, maybe they're hiring another position somewhere in the hotel. Try another job, Ari."

"You know that being a chef is what I like, Chae."

"But you need a job so you can earn a bit quick. Any job will do. Try to be a chef soon." she says. I sighed once again and fidgeted my fingers.

"Oh look! LH Hotel is hiring a receptionist."

"Receptionist?" I asked her. "Yeah look." I took a look at their update.

"But I don't think it'll fit me," I said. "You have good communication skills, Ari. You'll get in for sure."

"My friend is one of the receptionists there. It's a really good job and the boss is kind too," she said.

"Not to mention, he's handsome too," she chuckles. I rolled my eyes, "such a simp." I scrolled at the needed information as a receptionist.

"I have all as a receptionist," I said. "Then go! Send your resume to the email in the description," she said.

I quickly went to my email and put my resume. I typed their email and sent it right away. I sighed for the 100th time.

"You'll get accepted," she said to cheer me up. I smiled, "hopefully I will."

~ The Next Day ~

Jay POV

Haha, filthy work again. Sitting in my office, looking at emails. It's a normal thing.

Why did I even want to be a CEO? I get it, I'm rich, I'm handsome, I have everything.

But life sucks.

I pressed the button on my telephone. "Mr. Yang, come to my office. Thank you."

"Yes, Sir Park."

I sit down calmly while looking at the bunch of papers and emails for the receptionist position. Please, for sure some applied to flirt with me.

I get it, I'm handsome.

Someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" I shouted. I saw Jungwon bowing and closing the door.

"Yes, sir?" he asked. "Please help me look for a good receptionist. There's a lot of them." I passed the papers to him. "As your secretary sir, of course." He gets the papers with a smile.

I was there scrolling at the emails while he was on the papers. It took hours to be honest. No one was good enough.

"Nah, she isn't right," I told him while shaking my head."Let's switch? Stay here while I look at the papers," I stood up. "Yes sir," he nods and sits on my chair.

I looked at the other's resume. None of them really fit the job. I wanted someone who has other talents too.

"How about this sir?" he asks. "What's her name?" I asked while looking at the papers.

"Kim Ari."

I stopped turning the pages of the resume as I heard the name he stated. It sounds so familiar.

"Can I see?" He tilts the computer to me. "She's 26 years old, the same age as yours sir. She has good communication skills but mostly knows how to cook."

I looked at the picture that was on her resume. I tilt my head and licked my lip. "She looks familiar," I said. I held the mouse and zoomed the picture.

"Maybe you met her before, sir."

I investigated her face more. I saw her before but I couldn't remember when.

I checked more on her information and mostly what I saw is that she knows how to cook. But she is also responsible and other specialties.

I nodded my head.

"Sir Yang." I stood up straight fixing my coat. "Yes sir?"

"Hire her now. Tell her to have a meeting with me by 2:30 pm tomorrow," I said. "Yes sir." He bows and exits my office.

I sat down in a comfortable position while looking at her face.

I'm so curious. Who is she?

*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*――*☆*

ey

so i guess this is what y'all been waiting for

I hope you will like the storyline and the next chapters

Please vote and support!

Thank you and ILY bubs!

Koobye ~

- Riwon ❤