Chapter 22 - Choices

Beginne am Anfang

Everyone watched her and even I did as she stood up. She was everything I would think of when I think of a Luna. Her voice was sweet and cute and she looked kind. She was beautiful too. Her stroll was elegant and yet, it showed leadership.

She looked at Declan and started telling the reason they all gathered here in the first place. It was because there was a position open for Luna, which Charlotte wanted to fill but here Declan was fucking his mate. "We made an agreement which you already broke before we even signed the contract."

She began. "Granted if there wasn't a contract then you didn't break anything technically, but before I do sign I want you to be clear to me and your pack right now. Do you want me as your Luna or are you going to wait on your mate?"

Charlotte seemed assertive as well. I kind of liked her. Straight to the point. Sure, my wolf didn't want to hear her say anything about becoming his Luna but she seemed like she would be a good Luna.

Declan didn't like to be out on the spot. He sure as hell didn't know what to do now. His pack had pressured him for a while now. He can't say something along the lines of I don't know how.

His wolf wanted me. He didn't want Charlotte. His pack couldn't wait for me.

She demanded the answer the pack had been waiting for a while. Declan even glanced at me. He was almost pleading with me to do something. I rolled my eyes ugh, don't give me the puppy eyes.

"We are still discussing the possibility thus my hesitation." He said to Charlotte. The fucker.

She nodded and stood up, "I know enough." Nobody stopped her from leaving, not even Alani.

Now it had become awkward.

And no one said anything until Declan cleared his throat. "We need to discuss a plan. We don't know when they attack and we don't know where they are." He looked at Joshua, "Get all the warriors ready at the pack grounds in case of an attack. Let them patrol more frequently. The same goes for here."

"Are we going to war?" One of the teachers I didn't know asked.

"If they attack, we will. They have been causing much trouble anyway, so I'll ask our alliances to help eradicate these pests."

First Declan would scout out those that we're willing to help and then in a few days, we had to come up with a solid game plan. "But what if they attack tomorrow?" I asked.

My question was dismissed though, they all didn't expect it to happen so soon. Declan even joked that should they attack we just sacrificed me. It made me growl and raise my finger at him.

The room slowly ran empty as everyone took their leave. Alani didn't want to leave us both in one room, but Joshua managed to get her out. I gave him the thumbs-up as he closed the door behind us. "Quite the surprise you threw onto me." I started.

I stood up and leaned on the table. We still were on opposite sides of each other and this table was huge. We looked ridiculous like this.

"I was just going over my options. Be miserable but have a secure future for my pack or still be miserable but a good fuck here and there." He joked and crossed his arms.

His biceps bulged in this position and it made me lick my lips. But he was taunting me so he was going to get it. "How could you possibly be miserable in both ordeals? I mean a good fuck is anything but miserable."

"You whine a lot so..."

"I do not!" I pointed, "May I remind you that I saved your ass in here today.

He laughed out loud, "Yes to save your ass as well, you know this place would be screwed if my pack grounds are attacked."

"Exactly! Pretty smart isn't it?"