Chapter 10 ╳ late

Omg- 7k reads !!!!? We are so close to 10k reads ! And thank you so much for the wait.. I have had school work galore— and haven't had time to write. Please be patient :)
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▍

" Hey, why did you stay out so late at the studio ?"

Xiangling was leaning against the counter, as Kazuha walked in through the door. He had a face of a mesmerized soul. He didn't even bat an eye at her, walking past her even in a empty manner. He didn't even acknowledge her, until she cleared her throat in a purposeful way.

" kazuha. "

He looks towards his right behind him, seeing the face of someone pissed. That face belongs to Xiangling. He rarely see's this face from her— and to keep mind; that's a good thing. Don't ever make this girl mad, or worst- irritated.

" Excuse me. " Kazuha turns around to face her, having a confused smile on his face. " I don't know why I'm like this right now, but please: can you repeat what you said ?" He asked politely, which had Xiangling rolling her eyes.

" Why were you gone for so long ? We were let out about four hours ago. " she asked again, making Kazuha's face scrunch up in a confused glare. " I ... I don't - - " he bit his tongue, holding back his lie to Xiangling. He does remember. Memories flooded back in his mind; seeing a helpless, loose, mesmerizing male underneath him—

which was of course, the balladeer.

His fine, and delegate body, roaming underneath the author . That actor was all for Kazuha, a gentle yet cold feeling coming from the Balladeer the entire time: having Kazuha in a heated mess. The only thing that strikes off for Kazuha: was the way that the Balladeer never grew in heat— he was frozen cold. Like he was use to this treatment. It wasn't appealing for him anymore. But seeing the Balladeer all helpless and submissive in some way made Kazuha snap back to reality—

A sudden cough came out of Kazuha's mouth, almost like he was hacking. Xiangling grew concern within seconds, seeking the author hack away. His face was all red, as that memory process was still flooding through him.

" Kazuha !? What the heck man- - "

Kazuha placed his left index finger up, signaling Xiangling he was gonna say something. She goes quite, as Kazuha calms down. " I am sorry- - I need some water, and then I will answer your question. " the author walks to the kitchen, leaving the chef in dumbstruck.

His walk was not long- but too long for Xiangling to wait. " Kazuha, are you sure you're okay ? What the heck happened- -?" She was interrupted by Kazuha- who got done with his glass. " Xiangling, I am okay. I stayed behind at the studio— so I could practice my lines. I felt like I didn't show my best today, so I wanted to practice a bit more in the scene. " He lied. And he hated every bit. But he can't tell her such information yet. Once he feel comfortable— or if the Balladeer was even comfortable with it.

" Oh kazuha.. you had me worried for a sec !" She walked up and slightly punched his arm in a playful manner. " Just tell me next time when your gonna be out late or anything- okay ?" She asked, as Kazuha simply nodded.

" So, you and that Hu Tao did pretty good today on your shoot. " Xiangling said, as Kazuha looks up at her. " Ah, thank you. Hu Tao is one fine actress I must say. Her performance had me thinking of a mischievous butterfly. One keeping secrets from me— which in fact is how the character is in the book. She has done her research. " Kazuha was going on and on about her— Xiangling started to zone out about half way. " But of course, you are my favorite actress by far, Xiangling. A well known chef in my house makes me always feel spoiled- - " Xiangling only rolled her eyes in a playful manner.

" Oh stop it Kazuha. You and your elegant way of words always gets me. " She said, as he lets out a soft laugh. " What can I say, Xiangling. It's my way of words that sways my prey. " He says, as Xiangling too lets out a laugh. " Oh my gods Kazuha... "

" Sir, are you wanting to head for the studio for your shooting today ? The photographer is still waiting if you are willing, sir. "

Scaramouche was in the back seat of his butler's car, as he watched the lights flicker along the streets of Liyue City. He has been in a slight pain since he walked into the car- still recovering from thirty minutes ago.

" No. I will do it tomorrow. Tell them, that I have a tight schedule right now— so they need to know that I will be quite busy. " he replied, still looking out the window. His face was flushed, his cheeks tinted pink. But the only thing he felt was the bitter cold of the atmosphere.

His ways have changed since then. His now has been miraculously changed from the one thing that ruined all his chances of feeling genuine love again.

He missed it. A lot.