03

CHAPTER THREE ;
HEART TO HEART

ACT ONE ;
EYES OF JUSTICE

"You can't go about the rest of your life just ignoring him, you know

"You can't go about the rest of your life just ignoring him, you know." The divine priestess said this with a small smile, as if she knew this would happen.

She probably did.

"I know." I shortly answered.

After the encounter at the beach, we hadn't spoken a word to each other, despite kazuha's best efforts to do so.

I thought he had died.

His gentle and calm nature was all the same. He didn't seem fazed at all about what had happened in the past few years.

"I can't make you talk to him, but I just think it'll do you both good." The hydro user carried on with reading the book she had in her hand.

I sat on the small stool at the desk in thought for a moment before getting up and leaving the hideout.

I didn't take long to get to the resistance camp. Soldiers were training and the injured were being treated, but there was no sign of the anemo user.

As a result, I resorted to observing the archers who were practising aiming.

"The wind says you're troubled," a soft voice from my left said, and I knew who it was.

"Would you like to talk about it?"

"No"

A quiet laugh came from him.

"I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything else. You have never been good at talking about your feelings."

A scowl started to form on my face.

"You're starting to sound like a parent reminiscing."

Another laugh, but then all went silent.

"I'm sorry."

My eyes widened, and I turned to look at him, only to see him already turned with soft eyes.

"I didn't mean to leave you behind."

He sounded so crestfallen and sincere that I could almost cry. I never realised how much I missed him until I finally saw him again.

"I forgive you. I probably wouldn't have left even if you tried to take me to Liyue. "

The red eyes that were filled with regret were filled with a melancholic happiness and his eyes closed.

"Well... that was easy. I expected you to hate me for the rest of our days. "

I shook my head. No matter how much I could possibly try, I would never be able to hate someone like Kazuha.

"Did it hurt?" He asked quietly, almost hesitantly, like he was scared of the answer.

My eyebrows furrowed in confusion, "What did? You leaving? "

"No. The other thing "

I lifted my head in recognition.

"Of course it did. How would it not?"

The samurai shrugged.

"I suppose you're right. It's just that it's hard to imagine. "

I nodded in understanding. He had a point. No one had really been in that situation before.

"I'm glad you're back, Kazuha. I thought you died," I admitted, and his eyes widened a fraction before going back to the calm and gentle eyes he always had.

"That's probably the first nice thing you've ever said."

"Don't expect it again, leaf boy."

══════════════════

Didn't expect this book to pop off as much as it is despite not having any updates so sorry for the ghosting I had no idea what time to write. I had to make this chapter to break the ice so it could carry on in the normal storyline.

I WoNDer WhAT tHIs 'ThINg' tHEy'rE tALkiNg AbOUt iS HMmMMMM

568 words

edited ✓