Chapter 2

ELIOTT

I see him walking down the stairs with his friends, I see him in the cafeteria flirting with the lunch lady to get more tater tots, I see him in the locker room chaging his shirt and all I wanna do is

"Hey babe, what are you doing here?" startled by Rome's voice, the books fell from my hand,
"Hi" I said with my mind elsewhere "I was just" I forced myself back to reality "just waiting. Uhm for, for you. I was waiting for you." "Oh that's so very sweet of you" she kissed me. I have to say I do like the taste of her strawberry lipgloss.
Infact I lilke her.
I love her.
She is my girlfriend.

and all I wanna do is something.

"So I was saying" she continued while we walked down the halls "all the guys from the football team were saying that since it is valentines day today so we as a group" she looked at me with dog eyes "okay just listen before saying no, we all should go to that beach party ."
"Do we really have to though?" I replied hoping she will say no but also knowing that she wont ever say no.
"Yes, obviously we have to. I want to babe." She is seriously so nice, I can not bring myself to say no. "Okay, I'm in."
She jumped in excitement and kissed me again before going to the class.

"Hey Eliott?" I turned back "Yes Mrs. Cooper."
"I wanted to talk to you about your recent chem paper." My recent chem paper, I forced mysel to remember about this paper and when did I write it but my mind was a mess, I couldn't remember anything. She could see the clear panic on my face.
"It's nothing to worry about. Actually a bit." she continued "You seem to know all the answers just not the question to those answers."
"I'm sorry, what?" perplexed,
"See for yourself." she handed me my paper "It just feels like you are always distracted. If anything is going on, you can visit the school counselor ."
I stood more confused than I have ever been but mostly thinking what is it that is distracting me.

The alarm went off at 5 pm as I woke to a thousand messages from Ro asking me where I was and why I was not picking up and I'd better not be cheating on her.
"OMG finally."
"I am sorry babe, I was just sleeping."
"Atleast text me before you sleep. Okay so now, get up and get ready. We can not be late. You only have one hour." I have never seen her this excited.
"Fine. I am gonna hang up now. Bye."
"Bye. Love you."
"Love you ." I do.

I got up and opened my laptop when I heard someone in pain. I went to the window and I saw him, sitting on the front porch with a wound.

"Hi" I hesitated "uhm can I, I help you?"
He looked up at me with his hazel eyes and a face covered with dirt,
"Hey man. I didn't know you live her. I just moved."
"Yeah, yeah I know." I said "I just saw you too." I dindn't see him just now, why did I lie. "Can I?" He lifted his leg and removed his hand to reveal the wound. "Oh god, that has to hurt."
"It does." He said laughing a bit and then looking at me with hopeful eyes as if I were a magician who could just make it all go away. And strangely at that point, I did want to make all his pain go away.
I bandaged him up.
"Thank you for this." with the cutest smile ever, he said "Will you be there today?"
"Where today?" I replied trying to get over his smile.
"At the beach. The whole team would be there,right?"
Oh shit, I almost forgot. Ro would kill me if I was late. "Yes, ofcourse. The boys with their girls, right."
"Yeah, that is the plan but I would be flying solo." I could almost see how much he wanted to go with someone.
"Oh that's also great. You know, there would be plently single girls at the beach." It is only then that I realised how much I did not want to say what I was going to say " You would find some girl."
He suddenly froze and then chuckled, he looked at me, like literally into my eyes and said,
"I am gay."