35 Marry Me

Jonas~~

Marry me, Iris.

The words hang between us.

"How?" She sounds breathless as if she might actually say yes.

"I'll find a place before we get to Acquaellia's Order. It will be like we're eloping."

"I think that is what we're doing."

"It's a yes?"

She places her hands on my cheeks. "Jonas, I said yes to marrying you months ago. We were already supposed to be married. So, let's do it. Let's get married." She presses her lips against mine, and I deepen the kiss, pressing against her until I force her to leanONLYONWATTPADBENDERback.

Her hands slide up into my hair, and I feel her smile against my lips. "We're getting married."

I laugh. "Tomorrow." I kiss her again, and her fingers tighten in my hair. I'm tired of the Orders thinking they can pick and choose my life for me. That was my Mark's responsibility and now that it's failed, it's my turn to decide what happens in my life.

Pulling away, Iris looks to her left where the windows are that look out over the rest of Rylin's residence. "Maybe we should close the curtains before anyone gets home."

The Preeminence and his family could have been standing there the whole time, and I was too lost in her to notice.

As I work on closing them, Iris walks out onto the balcony, and I join her once I'm finished.

"It's beautiful," she says, arms wrapped around herself. The rain has finally stopped, and mist hovers over where the waterfalls empty into basin and lights shine through the shroud.

I place my arm around her shoulder. "By tomorrow night I'll be able to call you Mrs. Blackwood."

She sighs, sounding content. "If you start calling me that more than you call me Iris, I will go back to calling you Preeminence."

"I don't know why I ever told you not to."

She looks up at me, eyebrows raised. "Why's that, Preeminence?"

I tug her tighter against me and lean down until my lips hover over hers. "When you say it, it makes me want to push you against a wall and kiss you until you're breathless."

She gives me a quick kiss before pushing me away. "And I suppose also until I'm moaning your name or something like that?"

"If you insist, I certainly wouldn't object to that."

Shaking her head, she wraps both of her arms around me and rests her cheek against my chest. "I love you."

I rub my hand against her back, hoping it brings her some warmth this high up in the night air. "Sotee qui boleesh soleil abree, Iris." I am never letting her go.

"I think I know what my favorite constellation is."

"Oh?"

"Pyxis."

I smile looking out over the cliffs and waterfalls. The compass. "Orion and Pyxis. I think they'll go well together."

Erik and Rydersin are also headed to Acquaellia. If Jonas and Iris manage to get married before then, do you think they'll keep it a secret or will Erik find out?