✰LoNe MuSiNgS✰

Mulai dari awal

Then I wished she'd not left when I saw my brother-in-law and niece skip together hand-in-hand towards me.

She was right behind them, sporting a very familiar V-necked jumpsuit that Preethi had got for Neetu during her first stint as airhostess.
I never realised how alluring those familiar clothes could look on her.
I ineptly gave her a once-over and turned away, moving to the driver's side. My heart beat loudly against my chest when I noticed that she looked more happier than before.
I'd seen Preethi and Neetu lead her away to the balcony lounge and shut the door on the faces of the rest of their family.I didn't have the faintest idea of what they told her to lift her spirits.
Whatever it was, it made her look beautiful with those bright eyes and rosy lips tugging into a smile.

Again, my knees buckled at the sheer sight of her happily chatting and laughing with his family. I felt a little jealous that she wasn't directing those adorable words and expressions at me.

Why did my sister have to bring her home when I was around?

I blocked her voice away after a few moments and kept my attention on the road.That was when I noticed her sneaky glance through the rearview mirror.

She didn't think I was observing her through the mirror because of my profound acting skills.

I thought I imagined it but for the second time she glanced at me again when Preeti had turned away.Her expression was unfathomable.
I pretended to adjust the mirror.

If I could decode her concern, she could be mine again.This game of see-not-talk was frustrating.

Heck, she had always been mine. Even when she misunderstood her feelings for Paras she was mine. I laid my eyes on her and I'd instantly been bewitched and fascinated.

She noticed my eyes lasering into her and held my gaze for a long moment and then hesitantly lowered her lashes.

I sighed internally. Even when she was hurting me this way, she was mine.

I didn't mean it in a romantic sense.

I was attracted to her in a romantic sense. I would be deluding myself to negate that.I mean, they were times when she'd tested my self-control through her affectionate caresses and kisses in the house.

I had discovered that I was with holding myself back with superhuman strength from reaching out and devouring her.Literally.

But I knew my shortcomings.I knew my limits.

I felt it utterly funny when she proposed to me in such an adorable way after a particular weekend.

Because her feelings were more caring, gentle and soft.
She was happy to give than take.

While I, I wanted to just take.

I was obsessed.She didn't understand how dangerous I had become after I discovered my feelings.

I was reigning in my possessive demons with so much effort.

Even know, all I did during the game was stare at the back of her brunette head.I wanted to fist her smooth hair in my hand.

Just then she bent down to aim for one of the balls in the pyramid and I watched as only one ball fell into the net.

It made me smirk.

I brushed past her and decided to join the game.I grabbed my cue stick and striked.My aim was perfect like always.All the balls fell into the topmost pockets.

I heard her gasp of wonder and I ignored her, waiting for Neetu's turn.

I was good at Billiards but it didn't mean I enjoyed it as much as a physical sport.
But I was participating anyway because she was.
How desperate.

The next time she took her stance for her move, her long strands of hair, caressed my bicep.
I fingered a piece of it without her noticing.She was too busy concentrating on the game.

But my sister did.

I moved away from Shehnaz subtly and she scoffed.

As expected, Shehnaaz was being introduced to her social circle.I pushed my hands into my pockets and leaned on a pillar,observing them from a distance.

A familiar face came forward and took her hand gently in his.

I knew Angad Khan before and only the fact that the first line he'd said had managed to tickle her into a laugh was irritating.

From a third person perspective, his tall,lean frame did complement Sana's petite profile. Maybe she'd do much better without me by her side.

I shifted off the pillar and walked away through the dine-in.
My mother was right at my heels and I put my arm around her and held her close.

I didn't need any women.I had my mother.

I patted her shoulder and she beamed up at me, "Tu nahi khel raha waha?"

I shrugged.

"Of course you don't like this, you and your obsession with cricket."

I smiled genuinely, pulling a chair out for her to sit.

Her back was always ramrod straight.She took the seat with poise.My mother always looked regal like a queen.
She reached for the spoons in the corner and I gave them to her.

"I want you to try something new."

"Nahi,nahi.Just a parantha.The lunch was heavy in itself."

"Accha?" I quirked a brow, "You ate after everyone left, there was not much left.What did you eat then?"

She sighed and leaned back, while I looked through the menu for something that might interest her palate.

Only then, Preethi,Shehnaz and Angad bustled through the doors.

"Khaana without us?" Preethi gasped and I looked on wearily as Shehnaaz and Angad took a seat right opposite to mine.

I didnt know that they'd hit it off so well in the first meeting that he'd join her for dinner.

"Angad, where's your estate? I heard you're investing abroad and all," Neetu asked.

I gave up trying to eat, listening to his foreign business escapades nonplussed.

This was going to be a long night.