CHAPTER II - SYNDICATE

The first thing you noticed when you woke up was that you were definitely not on the rooftop anymore. The sharp smell of antiseptic made it more than clear that you were at a hospital.

The second thing you noticed was the spilting headache you had.

The third thing was that there was clearly another person in room. Speaking to someone. The conversation was too one sided for whoever it was to not be on a call.

"No. I'm fine, Rumi. I-- I promise I'll get back. I wouldn't ditch..." Hawks trailed off when he saw that you were awake. A few seconds passed and you could nothing more than blink.

"I'm okay, Rumi. The patient woke up. I have to go. See you later." The blonde ended the call before turning to you fully. You noticed the bag under his eyes. Had he stayed here all night?

B̴̵̲o͖̝͡ĺ̨̤̕͜͜͠d͏͢ ̵̡̧͟͞o̧̱͗͌̕f̀̃͡͝ ̏̃҉ỳ̷̶̱͟o͗҉͏̨́͘ư̩̿͢͠ ̡̡̥̠͂͘͜t̨͉̯͐o̯̔ͨ͠҉̢̢͘͜ ̶̩͂͒a̸̵̖̞̐́͘͜s̛̿ͣ́͢ş͚̬̔͐͡ṳͅ҉m̈̓́e̠̱͆̊ ͉̀̀ţ̟̾h̷̢́a̷̧̋̑҉ẗ̴̤̺́̓̕͜ ̧̐͘͞͏͡a̶̗͎ͪ ̸͙̤ͤ҉̸ẗ̴̴̡̢̘͙̥̇́͠o̸͙ͪ̀͠͡p̺̘̫ ̶̧̮̠̀̀͟h͇ͦ̆͢͝҉̧̀͞è̡̡̛͍̙̩̕҉ŕ̙͚̞ơ̮̹̇̏̕ ̴̴̨̨̨͚͠w̶̨͓͓̻̅̀̕̕͝ơ̸̴̗͐͜͟͜ůḻ̴̢̋̃͜d̴̯̠̼͢ ̸̢̛̮̱̻ͤ̚̕e̵̴̷̖͕͟͡v͖̲̥ę͟͜͝n̵̴̢̛͡ ̶̧̢̡̰̩̙̇̚̕̕s͖̱͓͑̅t̲͢o̫̜p̴̧̢̱̆̚ ̸̨ͬ͢͏̴t̨̛͎́͘͞o̝̭ͥ̀͠ ̴͈̠̯̾l͍͔̩ͬ҉o̷̧͖̙͐͘ǒ̤k̨̳̾ ̨̯̫̾́͘͜͜͡ͅa̡̤̜ͮ́t͖ͅ ̜͉̼̃͛y̨͙̥̬͢͜o҉̷͝u̥̘

You felt you eye twitch, holding back from berate the little bitch with no name. You weren't in the mood for this shit.

"You probably wondering why you're at the hospital?" He clapped his hands, trying to make the mood in the room lighter, but that wasn't gonna cut it. If there was one thing you hated, it was being somewhere by someone else's will.

"I was perfectly fine where I was." You refrained from raising your voice because you were at the hospital. You didn't want to cause any problems.

The blonde sighed, exasparated. "Look kid, we may have met two days ago, and I might not know you personally, but I would really appreciate it if you stopped antagonizing me. I'm just trying to help."

"I didn't ask for your damn help." You said through gritted teeth.

"When I found you, you had an extremely high fever." The blonde ignored your indignation. "I had to take you to the hospital because apparently it was quirk related. Has this happened before?" His voice was calmer now.

You looked down at your lap, ignoring his eyes and keeping silent. You weren't going to give him the satisfaction of answering him.

He sighed once more. "It's fine if you don't want to answer me. But, I'll have you know you were given a dose of quirk suppressants. It's probably worn off by now. If you need any help, just call the doctors."

With that, the winged hero walked out of the room, presumably to go back to that 'Rumi' person.

Good. You weren't ready to deal with pesky heroes.

A little while after, the doctor showed up, informing you of how you were discharged. The nurse handed you a bag of your school uniform, which you hadn't taken off since yesterday. You had no recollection of what happened, of course. This was the obvious result of your quirk. Fucking hell.

After dressing up once more, you made your way out of the hospital, destination in mind. You couldn't shake off the thought of something Hawks mentioned.

Quirk suppressants.

Maybe Tarou had information about those.

*******