When I looked around, a woman with extremely long, dark hair ran past me with an AK-47, a blue bandana wrapped around her scarred arm. She literally shot anyone who got in her way, and when the last man of the group that approached her was within her reach, she turned around and roundhouse kicked him in the face, causing him to fall back.

Why did that remind me of Denise? Oh well-

She looked back at me, sent me a nod, and ran away while continuing to fight anyone she laid her eyes on. When I heard a bunch of heavy steps approaching me, I turned around to see another bunch of men sprinting towards me, one of them aiming his gun at me- so I decided to do the same as she did.

The first one that got close enough was the one I grabbed by the collar of his uniform, pulling him towards me and let go of him once I saw another one lunging at me from behind, causing them both to crash onto each other. I made sure to shoot their knees, before two strong arms wrapped around my waist and throat, practically lifting me off the ground.

I swung my legs to each side until I earned enough momentum to turn around in the man's grip. My heels pressed on his ribs, my gun now pressed at his elbow before I pulled the trigger, the blood splattering all over my face and upper body. When he let go of me, I kneed him down there, so he dropped to his knees in excruciating pain.

I wrapped my arm around his neck, twisting it and making him fall to the ground. In the process, I heard his neck snap.

My whole body froze once a bullet nearly missed me, to the point where it left goosebumps on my skin from how close it passed. I turned around to see a woman with a gun on her hand, dressed just like the rest. By now I expected my gun to have a small amount of bullets left, so I decided to make sure each one of them counts.

Neither of us dared to move, now aiming the weapons at each other. She began to step closer once I felt another gun placed against my temple, and a large muscular frame press against my back. Knowing the situation I was in, I allowed the woman to keep approaching me, to the point where I had her gun pressed on my forehead. A cold hand wrapped around my neck, beginning to choke me.

My attention fell on the balcony when it's glass doors shattered, and my eyes met Mateo's, who's whole attire was drenched in blood. His scowl grew even more once he realized the position I was in.

Right in the moment when I was starting to lose air, more blood splattered on my face and hair as Mateo shot whoever was holding me from behind right in the head. At this, the woman seemed to have been caught off guard, so I jumped out of the person's grip before it's body fell limp and kicked the weapon right off the woman's hands. When she looked at me from the sudden action, I wrapped my leg around hers and pulled back so she'd fall.

Noticing how she fell and rolled onto her back, I stepped on the back of her knee to stop her from crawling towards the weapon. She screamed after I aimed my gun at her spine and pulled the trigger. I then aimed higher up, ending her when I shot her neck.

I inhaled a sharp breath when every one of my men approached me in one piece, but all of us being covered in the crimson liquid. "Don't let your guard down, but come on." I commanded before leading them towards the garage.

The gunfire had all stopped, and all that remained was blood in every corner, bodies scattered all over the place, and silence. Majority of the house's windows and doors were all shattered, and the glass covered the ground along with the dead bodies and bullets.

"Mr. D'Amico." I called out when I entered, and from what I could see we weren't the only ones covered in blood. When he turned around, I took a moment to get a clear view of him.

His blazer was gone, and his sleeves were rolled up to his elbows while the top of his dress shirt was unbuttoned. His hair was a bit messy, and half of his face had blood in it, including his hands and clothes. He raised an eyebrow, giving me a quick look up and down while he took a drag of his cigarette.