Chapter 14

Trstan's P.O.V

I walk away from Christian's car, trying to convince myself that this is for the better. This collage gives me a chance to become a musician, which is what I have been dreaming of since my very first concsious thought. I know it's what I want to do, I really do want to go to this college. This is what love does. Ever since I was young I knew that love would put me through hell, to be honest. I want to do this, this is my dream, and plus, I can't have Christian bothered with me all the time!

But is he even bothered?, I think, Oh, of course he is! Duh! I fight my own thoughts like this all the way to the waiting room. Lots of bussiness-looking people sit around, clicking away on their laptops or phones impatiently. Some people jabber away endlessly on their phones, arguments that they know they won't win, but they won't stop fighting. A family of four people sits around. The oldest kid, who looks around 17, has his legs draped over more than one chair, his eyes closed and his arms around himself lazily. I woman that looks to be in her mid-thirties plays with an adorable little girl. Her eyes- The woman's- have early stress wrinkles, that are slightly covered in some high-end looking concealer. The little girl- around 5ish- has on a simple ruffly pink dress and white leggings, with hot pink light-up tennis shoes. She looks so happy and carefree, as her mother and her sing that well-known One Direction song together. The girls falls down to her mid-back in a simple braid. She wears a Hello Kitty bow headband, and multiple flower barrettes in the back. Her eyes are a bright shade of blue, common, but beautiful. The last member of the family stands out the most to me. She looks around 15 or 16, so not much younger than the sleeping boy, yet she has that look about her, like you can tell she's been through a lot. Her headphones are in her ears, and she scrolls on her phone endlessly. Her eyes are grey-blue, and sad. Her hair falls over her face like a long black and red curtain. Something about the whole family interests me. I've never seen such a family before, from growing up with a distant family. The only thing I know about my siblings is that they're not dead- or maybe they are, I don't know.

My brain accidentaly makes me walk towards the family and sit across from them. I hold my hand out to the woman and she shakes it, her hands are warm.

"Hi, I'm Tristan! I couldn't help but notice your beautiful family." I smile happily at her.

"Thanks! I try my best!" We both laugh a little, "I'm Cara, and this is Shaylee, and James, and... That's Carly. She's... Quiet. I don't know what goes on in that pretty little head of hers." Carly is the one with black and red hair, listening to music. The sleeping boy, James, stirs, his hair flopping over his eyes.

"You been here for a long time?" I ask, leaning forward slightly to pay attention to what Cara is saying.

"Only five hours. Normally it's longer, so this is pretty okay. We're just going to see their dad... He's a long time away and flights to there get delayed most of the time." She explains, picking Shaylee up and putting the young girl into her lap.

"Only? That's so long! I'm going to college... Full scholorship. Can't decline that!" I try acting enthusiastic. But that isn't happening, "Hey, can I talk to Carly? You know, try?" Cara nods and I plop into the seat next to the girl casually. Like I own the place.

"Whatcha listening to?" Carly looks up at me with emotionless eyes.

"Music." She says simply. Her voice is like glass, smooth, hard, yet fragile.

"What kind of music?" I lean closer, our faces only a foot or two apart. Carly moves back, shooting me a creeped out kind of look.

"Music." She says again. I sigh, putting my chin in my palm and grabbing her Ipod. I look at the playing song.

A Match Into Water- Pierce The Veil. She snatches her Ipod back from me, sending me a death glare.

"I love Pierce The Veil!" I exclaim, and Carly slowly looks up at me, in shock.

"What did you just say?" She asked carefully, hope glimmering in her eyes.

"I said, I love Pierce The Veil!" She clamps a hand over her mouth, and when she removes is a huge grin is plastered on her face. I see she's wearing Sleeping With Sirens and Of Mice & Men bracelets. Then I see the cuts under those bracelets. She realizes I saw quickly, and adjusts her bracelets. "It's okay. I've been there. Heck, I'm there now! Don't be ashamed, strut off showing those off like you're proud. Then again, maybe you're hiding it, I don't know."

"Why... Why do you do it?" She asks, then seems to realize what she asks, and guilt fills her eyes.

"Because... Well I just always have, and... I feel really bad. I left... Well see I'm in love with this guy, and he does it too. And I'm.. I'm leaving him to go to college." She looks up at me.

"Go get him! Run! Don't leave him!" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air. I realize that I really should go back.

"You're right! Here's my number, thank you so much! See you later! I have to go!" I stand up and wave to the family, running to get back to Christian. Surprisingly, his car is still parked. He's walking towards the road... Maybe going to a shop across it?

"Christian! Christian!" I shout, running towards him. He runs to me and hugs me tightly, spinning me around just like a good father would do to his little angel. We're both just hugging and crying.

"I'm sorry Christian, I'm sorry. I'll never leave you, ever. I promise." I mutter into his shoulder, feeling the most guilty I've ever felt. We pull back and I look at him. My gaze travels to his hands at his sides, his amazing hands. A few page note is crinkled in his hands, scribbly smudged ink gracing the page.

Oh my god, I think.

"Christian, is that... Were you... Oh my god, Christian. Oh my god." I stutter out the sentance, and Christian hands it to me, saying I can have it, but not to read it right now. Suddenly we're kissing and I don't know what happened. His lips are soft and smooth. Just right. My hair whips around in the warm wind, but I don't bother move my hands from Christian's face. Our bodies share warmth, and this moment feels so nice.

After the kiss, Christian starts talking, "Tristan, the other day... Well, last night to be exact, you called yourself ugly. And I never want you to say that again, because it isn't true. You are honestly the most beautiful girl in the world, inside and out. I know I'll never be able to make you believe it yourself, but I want you to know that in my eyes, you are amazing and gorgeous. And... I love you." I gasp at his words.

"Christian, I... I love you too!" I exclaim. And in this moment, all I'm thinking is, Maybe it won't be so bad after all.