Chapter 3: The School

Adam

The day started with my alarm going off on my bedside table at seven in the morning, thank goodness I was able to rest for the night, which was terrific. I was a little nervous, it was my first day of school in this city with a lot of unknown people. Normally it was not difficult for me to socialise with anyone, but the circumstances made me nervous. I got out of bed with my bare feet, the cold floor giving me goose bumps. Upon entering the shower, I let the warm water run down my body and let all the nerves I was carrying go away, I didn't want to ruin anything, it would make things well this time, without any complications. Today began a new life for me, and it will make this life one of the best, I would make sure of that ... I hoped.

I went to the wardrobe room with the towel wrapped around my waist, I chose a red shirt with a print of a skull, a black jean, my belt, a black leather jacket and the same shoes from the day before. In my family we have all had an accessory that passes from generation to generation, but not as an heirloom, but an accessory that everyone has, the "Sugalite" stone. The stone bears my surname and is carved with the letter "S", it is a strong and powerful purple, almost like the colour of an amethyst, but much darker. The men of the family have them in pendants, but the women, they wear them in rings. I carefully grasped the stone in the pendant and put it on, which at that moment when I touched it, it sparkled a little, I blinked several times and narrowed my eyes, that had been strange. I shrugged and finished get dressed.

"Brother!" My sister said on the other side of the door. "Hurry up, we'll be late on the first day of school!"

I went to the door and opened it, Aline appeared and gave me a dazzling smile. She pushed her hair back and looked at me from head to toe.

"I'm ready now." I said examining it. "You look great." She smiled.

"I always look great, cariño." I rolled my eyes with a smirk, (Cariño means darling in spanish).

She was wearing a red shirt, like me, her leather jacket, a black short skirt and her black high-heeled ankle boots, her black hair, a little wavy, perfectly combed, fell on her back like a waterfall and best of all the ring of the Sugalite on his right hand and, to be more exact, on his middle finger.

"Don't let it go to your head."

"You look great too. It seems that we have agree to dress." She saw me from head to toe once more.

"I always look great, cariño." I said imitating her.

"By the way, mum found a trainer so we don't miss out on martial arts training." She said and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, please, we've been training since we were two years old, it's good to take a break, at least we could train something else, not the same thing."

"I thought the same." said our mother, coming towards us. "But then I remembered that the world is not such a safe place now and I would be calmer if I know that you at least have a chance to defend yourselves"

"As I said before, we've been training since we were like two or three years old, it's obvious that we know how to defend ourselves, at least I do." I replied, shifting the weight from one leg to the other.

"The training is not in dispute. You are going to train and that's it." My mother sentenced.

I sighed in exhaustion and said goodbye to my mother, my sister stayed talking with her for a moment and since I was far away, I couldn't hear very well what they were talking about, but they seemed to be arguing as is usually the case between mother and daughter. I just heard "vampire" and "spell", I don't really know what they were talking about, but it must not be anything important, plus, I didn't have sense what they said. Although now that I think about it, they were always talking about things that didn't make sense to me. I guess that are the disadvantages of being the youngest, they never include you in the important things. As I left, with my sister on my heels, I saw a Star at the front door of the house like the one in the yard, but everything lost importance when he parked in front of us in his beautiful and fancy black car. When he saw us, he looked at me and gave me a smile, which I did not respond and only raised an eyebrow in an annoying way, but when he saw my sister, she did respond with fierce joy.

"Want a ride?" He asked us happily.

"Yes!" My sister answered smiling.

"No!" I said at the same time that she said yes, only that I said it annoyed.

My sister glared at me.

"Why not?" My sister asked still glaring at me.

"Yes." Paul supported her. "Why not?"

I just limited myself to looking at my sister with a look that I was sure only she would be able to understand.

With that said, I grabbed my schoolbag and hung it on my shoulder. My head was starting to hurt already, the morning was starting badly, I hoped the rest of the day would be better. It only remains to hope that the school is not so bad, I hope I can really enjoy my stay here. This time I wasn't going to let anything go wrong. I started walking whilst feeling the gazes of Paul and my sister on me.