17||Injured

~~~

~~~

Valerie was currently sitting in the back of small bus next to Scott as Stiles sat in front of them. Now recurring to the actions that happened yesterday, Scott has been injured by an Alpha and Derek is now dead.

"Scott." Valerie called out softly to the brunette boy sitting next to her who was looking out the window.

"Still with me?" Stiles asked as he was testing Scott on some vocabulary that he needed to study  in English class.

"Yeah, sorry." Scott apologized as he tried to sit up but due to the injury on his right side of his abdomen he couldn't do much. "Uh, what's the word?"

"Anachronism"

"Something that exists out of it's normal time." Scott said the meaning as he held out his arm onto the seat in front of him, which Stiles was sitting on.

"Nice, okay. Next word, 'Incongruous'." The sarcastic spaz said.

"Um, can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asked as he closed his eyes tightly before opening them up again.

"Yes, yes I can." Stiles started. "It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross-country meet after what just happened-- incongruous."

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Scott said.

"Perfect." The brunette boy with little moles said. "Okay, next word. Um, Darach. Darach, it's a noun"

"Are you seriously bringing that up right now?" Valerie told her twin brother, two days ago Deaton had told Stiles about the wise oaks and dark oaks. Apparently there is a dark oak roaming around.

"We have to talk about it sometime, okay?" Stiles exclaimed. "And we're gonna be stuck int his thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" But as soon as he saw Valerie's face of wordiness for Scott , he coughed before adding. "Okay, next word-- Intransigent."

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott said just as the bus hit a little speed bump making the whole bus move, Valerie quickly looked over at Scott who whimpered in pain.

"Oh my God, are you okay? Valerie asked quickly as she sat up quickly and looked over at Scott with the same face of worridness as Stiles. "We shouldn't have came. I told you, Scott. We should've just stayed home."

"We had too." Scott answered. "There's safety in numbers."

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay." Stiles said as he tried proving his point, agreeing with Valerie on staying home. "It's called a massacre, or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow, that's- a lot."

"You know I should just tell coach to pull over or something, you don't look okay." Valerie said as she stood up.

"No, no, no, no." Scott said as Valerie huffed and sat back next to him. "I'm all right."