28. Something Personal

-Randall-

-Randall-

After paying for the clothes, we left the shop and continued our way. Cole was still talking about the shirts, but I wasn't really listening. The image of him wearing that tight shirt wasn't leaving me alone. I kept stealing glances of him. It was annoying the crap out of me, but I couldn't stop.

"Here we are," he suddenly spoke and came to a halt.

I looked at the shop next to us, and just seeing it made me uncomfortable enough. Home décor. It was big and bright and full of females. I could only see a few guys following their partners between the shelves, looking annoyed and bored.

"Do you want to go–" Cole began speaking, but I turned my back on the store and went to sit down on a bench at the opposite side of the hallway, "–check it out..."

I needed a breather. Cole walked to me slowly and sat down as well, leaving enough room in between us. He didn't say anything, so I assumed he knew I wasn't doing too good.

"I'll just..."

I'll just what?

"Take your time," he murmured quietly. "We can leave too if you want."

I'll just what exactly? What did I want? There was no way I was stepping foot in that store. I wasn't a... I wasn't...

...a what?

"Why is it so colorful?" I asked with a sigh, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"People like colors," Cole replied.

"Well I don't..." I muttered.

"Because you're a cat."

I glanced at him. He was smirking at me.

"Exactly," I snorted, but turned to look at the store again.

I could spot a lot of shiny, sparkling vases, candleholders and other decorations, colorful pillows and blankets, mirrors, stools, whatever. The women were carrying massive bags when they stepped out, gushing over their purchases. That place was not for me.

And the empty, cold, colorless apartment was? Was that what I wanted?

No.

No.

I stood up, Cole following me right behind.

"So... We're...?"

"I won't be an empty shell," I spoke out loud, ignoring the voice of my father when I took the first steps toward the store.

The second I stepped in, I had to stop. Was I seeing things or were they all staring at me? They were. They clearly were. I could almost hear them wondering why I was there. This was not a place for a man. I just wanted to turn around and leave, but...