17. Back in Therapy

-Randall-

-Randall-

"Good morning!"

I rubbed my eyes as I exited my room, trying to figure out where Cole's voice was coming from. He peered at me behind the corner of his kitchen, so I made my way there.

"Vaughn messaged me. He has time for you tomorrow morning at ten. Is that okay with you?" he said before I could even open my mouth.

"Yeah, sounds good," I said before I could start thinking about it. I'd only back out if I did.

"Great! I'll come with you, so you don't have to worry about finding the place. It's a bit tricky to find the right door."

"Sounds good," I repeated, though I was feeling a bit nervous now. Why, I had no idea.

"Are you hungry?" he asked.

I smelled bacon. Bacon and eggs. If I hadn't been hungry already, I was now. The smell was phenomenal.

"Oh, god, yes," I mumbled.

He smiled at me and gestured at the table.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked as I was sitting down.

"Didn't wake up once," I said, peering at the clock. "How is it almost ten already? I slept for almost twelve hours!"

"And that's a good thing. You really needed the sleep," he said as he walked to me with a hot pan in his hands.

Again, he did most of the talking while we ate. I wasn't completely focused on his words this time, though. The appointment was circling in my head, almost like a dark cloud. I wasn't completely happy with the idea of changing the shrink right now, but then again, the appointment I had with my own was next week. I'd have to wait six whole days before seeing him, and I wasn't sure I wanted to wait that long.

For one, it gave me plenty of opportunities to back out of it. And two, I had plenty of time to freak out.

But my biggest problem wasn't the time. It was the fact I had to start all over again with a new person. I'd have to tell this Vaughn, a complete stranger, everything from the beginning. I'd have to relive my entire life in front of a man I had never met before. I wasn't completely comfortable talking about stuff like that, even with Cole.

"You all right?" Cole suddenly spoke, waking me up from my thoughts.

"Yeah... I guess I'm still a bit sleepy," I muttered.

"We'll take it easy for today," he told me with a smile.

We did exactly that. We spent most of the day in front of TV, though Cole had some paperwork to do as well. I let him focus on that while I tried to focus on the sitcoms, but the thought of the appointment invaded my mind more often than once.