sad truth

3rd person

New York was asleep well as asleep as new York could get. Spider man passed out on the roof of delmas his eyebrows together in pain. y/n shaking fighting sleep in some room in the tower. Nat had a single tear roll down her cheek from nightmares back in the red room. Ned was sleeping peacefully wrapped up in a blanket like a burrito. Mj hadn't realised it had gotten dark while she was still reading determined to finish the book. Hydra memories disrupted the maximoff twins they lay tossing and turning in their beds.

Here comes the sun do do do do....

the avengers in the tower were woken by sam and buckys not so good singing of many of olivia rodrigos songs from her latest album. 'why cant anyone make breakfast like a normal person' tony complains they just roll their eyes and serve everyone food. Once everyone minus y/n was at the dining table nat brought up the subject that was on everyones minds.

'we think we know what is wrong with y/n' she speaks up. All the avengers stop eating to look at the red head. 'her memories have been altered, her memories of us have been altered' she clarifies.

'what do you mean us' clint asks putting his fork down.

'well i read y/n's mind when we set off and it was horrible. It was us as well as every single person she had ever loved all turning on her. Weapons firing, cruel comments being thrown at her' wanda pauses with a sad expression and everyone looks shocked. 'im surprised she didn't blow us up when she saw us or at least run away'

'can you put her memories back?' tony asks taking a sip of his coffee.

'i-i think so but she will have to be fully under and have no thoughts which only happens in deep unconsciousness when your mind is rest' she finishes. (idek if that is true)

'great sedate her turn her back good as knew' tony clapps his hands

'i can assure you its not gonna be that simple' nat comments.

'boss if you want to go through with this plan you will need to sedate her in the next 13 minutes before she wakes up' FRIDAY interrupts. Tony looks over to bruce they nod getting up from the table and going down to the med bay to get the sedative. Nat looks at wanda

'your sure you can do this, that it will work?' she questions. It takes a while for wanda to read nats expression

'it has to' wanda smiles reassuringly and looks back at her meal suddenly with a loss of apatite. Opting to just drink her water, a couple minutes later tony and bruce walk back in with a needle. They explain how they are going to do it and everyone just looks hopeful.

'are we really doing this?' clint asks a bit sceptical.

'it's the only way to get y/n back' Pietro agrees standing up. Everyone gets up out of their chairs and go walk to y/n's room. They ask if y/n is awake Friday says no so they walk in. the avengers look over to the bed expecting to see a sleeping y/n but she isn't there. The heroes look around until they see y/n in a ball awkwardly leaning against the wall no blanket and slightly shivering. Bruce looks up to wanda she nods and looks into y/ns mind.

Wanda pov

I look into y/ns mind wincing a bit as her thoughts are really loud and painful. I nod at bruce telling him that she is thinking and he injects the needle into her neck. Her tense muscles relax her arms unwrapping from around her legs. The next part of the plan is to take away the coat of change over y/ns memories. I sit down in front of y/n placing my hand on her head red whisps flow around my hand as her thoughts go away and i begin to feed through her memories peeling of the fake tint. I erase all the bad comments that have been put there. I was tempted to just erase everything bad that has ever happened but knew that wasn't what she needed. y/n just needed to know whats true and whats not. I finish and it feels like i was only there for a minute or so. Therefore i quickly go through the memories again making sure i haven't missed one and leave her head snapping back to reality.

I look around the room to seeing only nat asleep. I gently shake her. She wakes up fast and brings a gun out of her hoodie pocket. I look at her with confusion. How tf was that in there the whole time. 'shit wanda' she says when she realised it was me. I laugh and pull the gun down that was still pointed at my forehead. 'is it done?' she questions. I nod

'yeah but where is everyone. I was only in there for like a couple minutes.' I conclude confused, now nat looks confused.

'маленькая ведьма you were in there for almost 5 hours' (little witch) i blush at the nickname, nat had Russian nicknames for literally anyone younger than her. But overall i am still shocked i was in there for almost 5 hours. Nat stands up and walks over to y/n she picks her up her features look worried. Nat lays her down on the bed and pulls the covers over her.

Nat pov

I pick up y/n again but feel all her bones digging into me, i get a closer look and see her arms bone thin she feels like a 6 year old. When she wakes up we need to get her to eat. Wanda and i exit y/ns room and go to the lounge where everyone was comparing their food babys. I roll my eyes taking a seat. I wasn't very hungry so i just picked up a book waiting for y/n to wake up. Looking at my watch it is 3:17 tony said it is a 12 hour sedative so she has been out for 5 hours so 6 more. I sigh and dive into where i left of. The last book i read ended in a LITERAL cliffhanger so i was fast to buy the next. (A/n (for HOO fans)i threw MOA at a wall when i finished it).

Time skip to 930.

Everyone was still up spread around playing pool, air hockey, reading etc when the elevator dinged and y/n walked out rubbing her eyes. 'hey guys' she yawns. Everyone drops what they are doing and runs up to y/n giving her a massive group hug.

Peter pov

I wake up to the harsh light on my face fortunately it was winter so i was absolutely freezing. It amazes me that i remembered to change out of my suit before passing out so i got down from the roof and waltzed right into delmas. I got a sandwich and walked to the park. I needed some time to think. So.

Parents – dead

Uncle – dead

Grandparents – dead

Aunt – dead

Peter tenses his face at this. He has no where to go no one to go home to. He didn't want ot bother mr stark about this so he decides to just not tell him at the internship tomorrow. He takes a massive bite of his sandwich and opens his phone to see tons of messages from ned and a lot from mj.

Ned

Hey pete

I herd about the apartment are you and your aunt okay

(30 min later they found mays body)

Omg peter are you okay i just herd the casualties.

Im so sorry

Mj

Pete you ok ?

The apartment is all over the news

Are you and may okay

(30 min later they found mays body)

Sh!t pete im sorry

Peter please answer

............

An amount of tears run down my face but i refuse to cry in public so i quickly wipe the tears and eat my sadness away. I waste the day away eating and walking around new York until it gets late and i go on patrol again.

a/n

sorry for not posting yesterday but i will try to post 2 today remember to

1 drink water

2 eat at least one meal today

3 go highfive someone you are around right now

4 go touch grass and breath outside air

And as always see you in the next chapter.