#TimsEspressYourself Short Story Contest

Espress yourself with new Tims Espresso Beverages. Made with 100% ethically sourced premium arabica beans, handcrafted and customized just for you. Now, Wattpad and Tim Hortons want you to espress your creative writing chops, with the #TimsEspressYourself Short Story Contest! ✏️

We are excited to team up with Wattpad's very own Jessica Cunsolo (@AvaViolet) to bring you the very first collaborative short story contest on Wattpad! For the first time, you will have the opportunity to co-write a story with Jessica Cunsolo! She will also be reading, commenting and interacting with everyone's entries during the contest. Want to know more? Keep reading!

📝 Short Story Contest

In the following chapter, you will find Part 1 to a story that has been started by Jessica Cunsolo. Your challenge is to write the next part to the story, by submitting your part in the comment section of that chapter. The following week, Jessica will select one winning paragraph which will be added to the story. Jessica will then write the continuation, building off that winner's paragraph and the contest will open up again for you to submit the next part—this cycle will continue for a total of four (4) weeks. By the end, Jessica will have selected four (4) winners who will each win a Tim Card® gift card valued at $100 CAD.

Timelines

With this being a collaborative writing contest, please keep updated with the below schedule on when you will be required to submit your entries each week:

November 22nd: The #TimsEspressYourself Short Story Contest launches. Jessica will release the beginning part of the story, found in the next chapter, following this prompt.

November 22nd – 28th: Week 1 entry period. You will have 7 days to submit your paragraphs continuing the story (by November 28th 11:59 PM EST)

November 30th: Jessica will select the winner of that week. The winning paragraph will be added to the story, followed by Jessica's paragraph building from that, in the next chapter. The contest will open up again for users to continue the story.

November 30th – Dec 5th: Week 2 entry period. You will have 7 days to submit your paragraphs continuing the story (by December 5th 11:59 PM EST)

December 7th: Jessica will select the winner of that week. The winning paragraph will be added to the story, followed by Jessica's paragraph building from that, in the next chapter. The contest will open up again for users to continue the story.

December 7th – December 12th: Week 3 entry period. You will have 7 days to submit your paragraphs continuing the story (by December 12th 11:59 PM EST)

December 14th: Jessica will select the winner of that week. The winning paragraph will be added to the story, followed by Jessica's paragraph building from that, in the next chapter. The contest will open up again for users to continue the story.

December 14th – 19th: Week 4 entry period. You will have 7 days to submit your paragraphs continuing the story (by December 19th 11:59 PM EST)

December 20th: Jessica will select the final winner of that week and will add it as the final part, completing the story!

📜 Submission Requirements

- Your entry must be in English

- Your story must be an original story written by you and tagged #TimsEspressYourself to be considered.

- Submission must fit within one comment (approximately 2000 characters as reflected in the Wattpad desktop experience), posted in the comment section below (must have a Wattpad account to enter, to create one for free, visit http://www.wattpad.com/login).

- You can submit more than one story each week as long as each story meets Wattpad's Content Guidelines

- Your entry must not only build off the existing storyline, but each continuation of the story must incorporate at least one of the new Handcrafted Tim Hortons Espresso beverages (a latte, cappuccino or americano—or if you're up for the challenge, try incorporating the Cinnamon Caramel Oat Latte!)

🚫Submissions may not:

- Make false, deceptive, or misleading statements in relation to Tims products or competitors' products.

- Mention competitors (i.e. Starbucks, McDonalds, Second Cup, local coffee shops and others).

- Disparage, libel, slander or defame any individual or entity.

- Make hateful or offensive comments or any communication that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm against any group.

- Communicate any sexually explicit material that contains nudity or excessive violence.

Eligibility Requirements

-Entrants must be legal residents of Canada and 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. 

- You must be signed in to Wattpad to enter the contest. Winners must sign a Declaration and Release form to claim their Tim Card® gift card 

- Winning Entries will be added to the public story upon notification of winning and may be added prior to Prize Winner, or their parent or legal guardian, signing a Declaration and Release 

- See Contest Rules for full eligibility details

🏆 Prizes

Four (4) winners will be chosen and will each receive the following prizes:

- One (1) Tim Card® gift card valued at $100 CAD

- The publishing of their winning Entry as part of the Contest story

- Dedication of each week's chapter to that week's Prize Winner

- A shout out on the @TimHortons profile on the Wattpad Platform. 

Happy Writing!

The Wattpad Team

Tim Hortons