16. out of the woods

Start from the beginning

jess wrapped one of his arms around my waist, as we began walking and i placed my hand on top of his.

"so your birthday is coming up soon." jess smiled at me.

i sighed slightly, "i told you, i don't wanna do anything." i stated. i wasn't really in the celebrating mood. i just didn't feel like it.

he turned to face me, "i don't care we're doing something."

u looked at him hesitant for a moment, "something just us two." i stated. "i just wanna spend my birthday with you."

he smiled and leant in and kissed me. who knows what he was gonna do.

-

SATURDAY
it was my birthday and luckily this year my birthday fell on a saturday meaning i didn't have to go to school.

i woke up greeted by mom with a cake and candles, "i just woke up." i laughed shaking my head, before blowing the candles. "what time is dad coming?" i questioned. my dad was supposed to come to stars hollow and spend some time with me.

i watched my mom looked down at the ground and hesitate slightly, "uh, your father can't make it." she sighed. "he's had to go on a trip, he would've been here if he could have." she reassured me placing her arm around me.

i was disappointed he wasn't here to celebrate with me, but it was whatever. i was old enough to deal with it by now. i had plans with jess anyways.

the idea was that i spend time with jess and then he drops me at my grandparents where we're gonna have dinner to celebrate.

-

it was later on in the day and i was sat waiting for jess to arrive.

i had got dressed into a cute burgundy corduroy skirt, with a black high neck top paired with my boots and jess' leather jacket.

he was driving my car for us- we had planned to get ice dream and he had told me there was a surprise place he wanted me to see.

"jess is here!" i called out. "i'll see you at grandma and grandpas later." i told her, before rushing quickly to the car.

he kissed me, as soon as i got in and complimented me. "happy birthday." he smiled, as i thanked him.

we were obviously talking the whole journey to the town we were visiting, "so, we've got to figure out what colleges we want to get into soon." i pointed out. i noticed after i mentioned that he seemed slightly awkward. "what are you thinking?" i asked him.

"i don't know." he shrugged pulling into a space. "i'll work it out." he smiled as i just simply nodded. i really hope he did. he had so much potential, i just wish he put more effort in with school.

-

we had ended up on the train on the way into the city. i felt anxious that we wouldn't be back in time, but jess assured it would be alright.

he made me keep my eyes closed as we made our way over to the surprise destination he wanted to take me to.

"just a few more steps..." jess had told me, as i let out a chuckle. where was he taking me?

"and open." he stated.

as i opened my eyes i saw i was stood facing jean's book store. i felt my heart dance and butterflies in my stomach. he had taken me back to my favourite place.