50

(I just read In another life

(I just read In another life. I never knew what broken was until now. and i guess i want more pain since im bout to read the galaxy is endless.)

"Where is Naruto Uzumaki?" 

In the village hidden in the leaves, Konoha was known for it's exceptional shinobi. It was known for the cruel people in the village and to many it was known as a home. But everyone knew what they were most famous for, and while the other villages were known for it as well, Konoha seemed to take the cake for it.

Never selling out a fellow shinobi.

However, in this case Maki wished they would just sell her out. Despite knowing the future it didn't make seeing people she knew and loved dying in front of her any easier. All the death and destruction that seemingly appeared out of nowhere needed to stop and just as she was about to announce her presence to Pain, a hand grasped her collar and she found herself running away. It confused her for a few seconds until her eyes focused onto the man with stress lines and glowing red lines. It was someone she didn't expect at all.

"Mr. Fugaku...?" Her lips parted to let the two words out but Fugaku didn't answer instead running faster and she had no problem keeping pace with him. However, that wasn't the problem. The problem was that her brothers, friends and family were all out there fighting. All of them! All while she ran the opposite direction to hide even though this is exactly why she trained for so long. If all of that training was meant for her to run away in the end than it was useless.

She pulled back as lightly as she could and dug her heels into the ground, stopping herself from going any further and therefore also stopping Fugaku from running. He turned back to glare at her but it didn't phase her, it frustrated him because ever since she was younger, it never did phase her. "let me fight!"

"No." He sternly said and normally she would have listened but in this case, she wouldn't. She would cut straight to the point, she knew why he was taking her away and there was no way in heck that she would let him do it. She grabbed the hilt of her swords and spoke.

"I spent two and a half years training solely to prepare myself for this day to come. I trained myself to be strong enough, strong enough to stop another human being from dying in the world -- not just the village. Now that I'm finally able to you are stopping me from doing so?"

"Maki, you will always be a child in my eyes. You shouldn't have to fight."

"Mr. Fugaku,"She unsheathed her navy blue sword, Galbxy. "I will fight. I am no child, I haven't been one since long ago and whether you acknowledge it or not I am one of the strongest shinobi in this village, if you have any interest in winning, than you will allow me to fight... Yo."

They stared at each other for moments that felt like hours before Fugaku pinched the bridge of his nose. He muttered a few words that she couldn't quite catch but Maki wasn't going to ask just in case he was thinking on what she wanted him to be. The head of the clan raised his head and his red glowing eyes bore into her own and despite the long history of hatred the eyes held she managed to catch hints of love in them as he looked at her.