Afraid to fall

It all started after Christmas. Kurt was still hesitant towards Blaine, but felt that it was best to forgive. After all he did come to support him during the holidays. He still remembers Blaine's question?

"You are happy to see me right?" he asked looking like a happy puppy. Kurt honestly didn't know what to say. He felt numb. His dad had just told him he had Prostate Cancer and it still was fresh.

"Yeah, Always." He replied. They did a great rendition of 'White Christmas.' And Kurt was extremely tempted to kiss Blaine, but he skated off. There goes another round of feelings.

After that they went to get some Hot Chocolate.

"Uh Blaine?" Kurt asked.

"Yes?"

"I have to tell you the truth." Kurt said as they reached a bench. They sat down and Blaine cocked his head to the side.

"What is it Kurt?"

"In all honesty? I'm not happy that you're here." Kurt said without looking at Blaine. Because he knew it would hurt.

"Oh, okay. I-I kind of figured. I'll just go." Blaine said as he stood up.

"No! No, don't go." Kurt said as he pulled Blaine back down. "You don't get it. I feel numb. It's like everything is hitting me at once. And it won't stop. I came to New York for a reason and now? I wish I never had."

"Why?"

"Because it's like a... I don't know. I feel like every time something good happens, something bad happens right after it." Kurt said.

"I don't understand." Blaine replied.

"Coming to New York was the worst thing I could have done." Kurt said.

"No, you have all these things going for you..."

"Would you stop?! I come to New York, get an awesome job, then I lose my boyfriend. I get into NYADA and then my dad tells me he has cancer? God!" Kurt exclaimed.

"Don't think of it as New York costing you things. Things happen. Granted I shouldn't have hurt you the way that I did and I will be forever guilty." Blaine said.

"I don't hate you know?" Kurt looked at him.

"But you should."

"I don't. I feel that we have a bond, and though we aren't together, we'll never be apart. I told you before I was never saying goodbye to you, and I never will." Kurt said as he hugged his friend.

When they went back to the loft they had some fun with Burt. They watched a basketball game much to Kurt's dismay. Kurt tried to get in on it but failed and Blaine lost his bet with Burt. Blaine even said he wanted to go to NYADA asked if it was okay with Kurt.

"Honestly, I think it would be amazing. Just don't try to show me up. You will lose." Kurt smiled and chucked a piece of popcorn at Blaine.

"I would never do that. I couldn't compete, especially with half of the things you wear." Burt had to laugh at that. It was good seeing these boys happy again. He hoped that it would stay that way.

Everything went smooth sailing after that. Well...sort of.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When it was time for school to start, he was introduced to the NYADA Glee Club. Rachel had told him not to because they were 'dubious', but she was the girl who used to wear kitty sweaters. Why the hell would he listen to her?

He walked into the classroom and was met with a bunch of rowdy kids. It definitely wasn't the New Directions. As a matter of fact it seemed worse.

"Alright kids, lets kick it up a notch." A British voice said. Kurt couldn't see him, but he definitely heard him. And as soon as the song 'Baby Got Back' was over, Kurt snorted.