Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I realize in the last chapter I said they were in the basement of the house, and then mentioned a window. The house is built into the hill. One the main floor, being at one side of the house you can climb out the bedroom window at ground level. Go to the other side of the house in the basement (Luna’s room) and you can climb out the window at ground level.  Any who, enjoy!

*Damien P.O.V*

I paced in her room impatiently. Damn Luke needs to get his tail in gear. She was starting to smell really good again.

She had a closet with sliding doors that were body mirrors. When lying in her bed she could look up and see herself. I like the looks of her room. So full of colors. I would have assumed someone like her lived her life in the dark. Her curtains didn’t look like they were opened very often though.

She lay sleeping silently on her bed and it was all I could do to not go over the 2 feet and devour her.  I busied myself with looking at everything in her room. She had some pictures stuck in another mirror on her wall. There was one of her with two other men. One looked about 5 years older than her and the second was about 2. I felt envy start to burn in my core till I look closer and saw one had her smile and the other had her nose and curly hair.

In this picture I could see her long flowing hair that fell with loose natural curls. I wondered if these were her brothers or maybe cousins. I figured brother’s because in the next picture over it showed her wrestling with them. She dressed like a boy in most of the pictures. Baggy shirts and long baggy guy shorts. There was a picture or two that she had blue jeans on and a girly shirt but every time her brothers were nowhere to be found. I don’t think they liked having a little sister. There was one of her with other women, an older version of her, with darker hair. Her mom.

A last on in the corner with was the oldest. She looked to be about ten. She was on top an older man’s shoulders, laughing along with the man who was holding her up. Must be her father. His smile was so warm and it showed me where Luna got her beauty from. The picture was so worn and tattered that it showed it was her favorite and she held it very close to her heart. There was so much love in the photo.

I turned and walked to her dresser and was tempted to go through it. Deciding better of it I walked to her bathroom to see it was nice and messy, just like her room. The smell was delicious though. It was her shampoo and it smelled like berries mixed with vanilla. A weird combination but strangely great together.

Walking back out into her room I went and sat on her bed at watched her chest rise and fall as she slept.

Far off I heard a runner approaching fast through the trees and glanced at the window. Finally, he’s here. Took him long enough.  I looked over at Luna again making sure she wasn’t waking up any time soon. She’s out cold.

A knock came at the window and I slid it open. I wasn’t surprised to see the screen was knocked out.

“Dude what’s with the cryptic message?”

“Just get in here. What took you so long?”

Luke climbed in the window and jumped to the wooden floor and I slid the window shut behind him and let the curtains hang down again.

“Sorry didn’t have my running shoes.” He leaned down and picked up the discarded bat and rose and eyebrow at me.

“Don’t look at me, that’s all her.” I pointed at the sleeping Luna on the bed.

“And once again, why are we at Luna’s?”

“I brought her home. Dude you’ll never guess, but she’s a lifeguard.”