meeting pope francis

Start from the beginning

"You will meet the Pope today, buddy. He is a very important man." Joe says and kisses Jacob's head.

"You'll be the most adorable baby he has ever seen." Joe says and strokes Jacob's cheek.

After a few more minutes of driving, Joe, Jill and Jacob have made it to the Vatican to meet Pope Francis.

Joe gets out of the car first and shakes hands with Monsignor Leonardo Sapienza, who runs the papal household and then greeted one by one the papal ushers.

"I am Joe Biden, Jill's husband. Here she comes now with our son, Jacob." Joe says as Jill walks over to everyone.

"Hello! It is nice to meet all of you today." Jill says as she manages to shake hands and hold Jacob at the same time.

Jacob has a blue pacifier in his mouth and a brown hat on his head but Jacob keeps knocking it off.

Joe, Jill and Jacob greet everyone before they all walk inside the Apostolic Palace and taken upstairs to the pope's private library.

Joe is walking with Monsignor Leonardo Sapienza while Jill and Jacob walk behind them.

Jacob coos happily and Jill smiles at her happy two month old, hoping he doesn't fuss when they are talking with Pope Francis.

Jacob turns his head in Jill's arms, causing his hat to fall off.

Jill's bends down to pick it up but David Cho, Joe's lead agent, picks it up and gives it to Jill.

"Thank you." Jill mouths as she takes the last few steps of the stairs.

Jill stuffs Jacob's hat in her jacket's pocket and kisses Jacob on the head.

"I guess you will meet the Pope without your hat." Jill whispers to Jacob as she stands behind Joe and the head of the papal household.

Jill, Jacob and Joe all wait for the doors to open so that they can enter and meet Pope Francis.

Joe turns around and looks at Jill and Jacob with a cheeky smile.

"Is everything alright?" Joe whispers and strokes Jacob's head.