Ch. 33

That last thing Baria remembered was falling asleep in the arms of Hawks. So it made sense to her that she would wake up in her own room. What didn't make sense was the fact that Neito, Hitoshi and Denki were camped out on her bedroom floor. Which mind you, was not very large and the boys were in a dog pile with Hitoshi at the bottom. Which, again, made sense. That boy could and would sleep through anything if given the chance. Don't let his looks fool you folks, that boy sleeps at least 9 hours a night.

Baria, not wanting to wake them, carefully maneuvered her way out the bedroom door. No shame in sneaking people, her world bubbles will manage to beat it out of you eventually. That method includes several gory death scenes, surprise ambushes and a lot of gossip. May Kakashi rest in peace. That man did not care if you were naked, if he thought you were depressed or suicidal then there was no shaking that man. That and there was Jiraiya running around. Too bad that none of it was real, just how ones' mind may interpret and predict a character's actions based off the information that had been provided.

Once she was out her room, she made her way to the living room. She could really tell the time but it was dark outside. Usually the faint sound of a ticking clock could be heard at night but it was silent. Some might say that it was too quiet but Baria knew better. The faint sounds of her family shifting in their sleep, the crickets chirping and the insomniacs pattering around in the kitchen made a nice ambience for the rest of the residents. The living room was surprisingly empty of people. Which was rare as there was always a person or two occupying the space. The wall to the left side of the stairs had an old fashioned clock attached to it. It was always hung between two photos. One had all the children in it. It was more of a collage than a single picture. The other photo was that of the adults as awkward as they were with each other. Baria knew that each cutting for the collage had the name of the child on the cutting, just as the adults' photo had the name of the adults written on the back.

The clock read 3 am. Meaning Baria had been asleep for about 10 hours. It wasn't awful but Baria wouldn't be sleeping for a long while. Deciding that since she wasn't going to be sleeping, she would at least do something productive. Walking around the couch, Baria reached over and picked up several papers from the small table in the middle of the room. They were for Mrs. Keisha. Although she may seem like she didn't work, Baria and a few others new better. Mrs. Keisha was looking for her nephew. Not long after Baria had ended up in her care, she was informed by the police force that her brother, his wife and their daughter had been killed by what was suspected to be a villain attack. Her nephews body was never found.

She would have searched for him and she did try however, she didn't exactly have the time nor the resources. The orphanage and its near constant repairs took up nearly any and all free time she had. Never mind trying to actually take care of the children. She tried her best and it was good enough. Now however, she has everything she could possibly need to further her search.

Baria quickly scanned through the papers in her hands. In summary, Shimura Tenko was last seen running out his house after yelling had been heard. It wasn't long after that there was screaming and blood. The ground had been destroyed and no actual bodies were found. Just ashes that held faint traces of DNA that allowed for the members of the family to be identified. It was said that faint traces of a young child could be seen moving away from the devastation.

It wasn't not hard to connect the bots that Tenko's quirk may have come in. Especially since the incident happened when he would have been around four years old. However, no traces of him had been seen since. Mrs. Keisha definitely couldn't use illegal means to find her nephew, even if she was more than likely to find him in the underground community. Mrs. Keisha couldn't but Baria could call in a few favours. Some hackers would be very pleased if Baria could conveniently forget a couple of deals that had been made in her café.

To her right, the was a slight sliding sound. Hearing it as often as Baria did, she immediately knew what it was. Someone was opening the window. Most insomniacs preferred to relax in the kitchen as they brought their own pillows and blankets. Food was in reach and there was a limited chance of noise spreading to the rest of the house. Therefore, in was overly presumptuous to assume that someone was breaking into the house. Knowing this Baria decided to take the initiative. Standing up, Baria moved as quietly as possible towards the fire place. She bent down and slowly pulled the fire poker out from it holder. Gliding towards the window, Baria paused just out of sight, arm reeled back. As a man climbed through the window, Baria held her breathe. The man stood up. He was relatively tall, with long black hair and mostly black clothing. It was in that moment Baria swung the fire poker.

*THUNK*

The dull but oddly sharp sound of metal hitting flesh and bone rung throughout the air. As calmly as she could Baria reached for the light switch once she saw the man go down like a sack of bricks.

She had to blink a few time to adjust to the sudden increase in light. She really spent too much time in dimly lit places if she could still read with the lighting she had. The first thing she noticed when she got a good look at the potential burglar was the bright yellow goggles that had fallen off when she hit him.

'Oh my god. Oh. Oh no. That's...that's Eraserhead's goggles. Oh my star, I just knocked Eraserhead unconscious.'

Panicking, Baria hurried to Eraserheads side and gentle moved him onto his back. Needless to say her worries just got worse once she realized that Eraserhead was Aizawa. Pushing that fact aside to be dealt with later, Baria went to work making sure that she didn't give the man a concussion.

.

.

It took an hour before Aizawa to wake up. Which was enough time for Baria to work through the fact she had be LIVING WITH HER IDOL FOR SEVRAL YEARS. She may not have gotten it out of her system completely but she was no longer fainting or hyperventilating. She could have a proper freak out later with Hitoshi. After she was done strangling them for not telling her.

"Gut Morgen" She said. Externally she was perfectly calm, internally everything was dull down but she was fretting and squealing in her own way. Mostly just fretting.

"You hit me in the head." Aizawa stated as he looked at her.

"I did."

"Why?"

"You broke into the house."

"I live here."

"Exactly."

Aizawa visibly took a deep breath. He looked like he was going to say something but Baria beat him to it.

"You live here so why didn't you use the door." She demanded rather than asked. No not demanded she stated it rhetorically before getting up and heading back to her room. She really just wanted to get away for she fainted in front of the man...again.

Aizawa could only watch her go, dumbfounded by how abrupt she was. Whatever, it wasn't his problem. Getting up he headed to the kitchen. Coffee and a first aid kit were proprieties.