61. Secret Dudes

-Troy-

-Troy-

Okay, I'd no idea where my little outburst came from. I just got really triggered by the word 'stuff', and I didn't know why. If Luke didn't want to be more specific, he had every right to do so. And yet, it bothered me so much I didn't even see where I was going.

After the first period, I was still embarrassed. When the class ended, and I followed Max and Sky out of the room, the first thing I saw was that dude of mine, leaning casually on the wall with a school book in his hands. I felt a jolt of nervousness in my stomach.

"Hi, Luke!" Sky chirped, but Luke didn't lift his eyes off his book.

"Hello, girls," he said, making both Max and Sky laugh. I was too nervous to do so.

"Ohh... He's so dreamy..." someone whispered right behind me.

"I know right? It's too bad he turns everyone down..."

"I heard he's not single anymore..."

"What? Where did you hear that?"

"Lisa asked him out, but he said he's already seeing someone..."

"It's Elisa, isn't it? She's going through the football team, that ho..."

The two girls walked too far from me to hear their conversation. I turned to look after them and immediately bumped into Max.

"Now there's two of them," Max chuckled.

"Two of what?" I asked, turning my attention to him.

"Clumsy people," Max grinned. "What were you looking at?"

"Yeah, what were you looking at?" Luke repeated his question, finally slamming his book shut. Did he see me looking after the girls? His sudden, cold voice indicated so.

Oh, boi.

"Who's Lisa?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"She's a classmate," Luke said, squinting his eyes at me, so I squinted my eyes back at him in return. I didn't actually care about this Lisa girl, since Luke had told her he was taken, but man, he had been back in school only for a couple of hours and he already had girls lining up to him. The stuff he mentioned, did it include chatting with girls too? Who was this Lisa anyway, and why was she skipping classes to chat with someone else's boyfriends?

Okay, no! After all the shit I put Luke through, I had no right to question his loyalty. Why would I even do that, since apparently, he was telling people he was taken? It was just stupid. I didn't even know I was the jealous type. I never cared with whom Elisa was talking – apparently, I should have – so this was all new to me.

"Okay," I said as indifferently as I could.

Luke raised an eyebrow at me.

"We should get going..." Max said quietly, and I suddenly remembered Luke and I weren't the only people in the hallway.