Chapter 19

Mike's P.O.V

Peppercorn pushed Jeremy on top of me which made me lose my balance. We fell on the ground, Jeremy lifted his head up from my chest; his green eyes looking into blue ones. He had a small tint of pink on his cheeks.

"H-hi." Jeremy said nervously and quietly. I gave a smug smirk to him.

"Hey." I tried to sit up, but when I was my nose was touching Jeremy's. His blush only getting deeper, butterflies invade my stomach. He leans closer, until our lips were only a couple centimeters away. I waited for a moment before kissing him, Peppercorn howling quietly. He hesitated for a moment but soon returned the kiss. We parted, Jeremy looked down blushing as he realized he was still on top of me; he tries to get up but I hug him. (Aww... I want a hug.)

"M-Mike, I missed you... y-you don't know how m-much... I-I'm sorry for leaving you..." He cries on my shoulder. I hug him tighter, he hugs me with the same force.

"Jeremy, I love you, I'm sorry for cheating... again... but I couldn't stop thinking about you." I say, Jeremy sobbed onto my shoulder; tears of my own forming."Do you want to be my love, joy , and pride again?" He lifts his head up from my shoulder and looked at me.

"Yes, a-and you won't c-cheat on me a-again, right?" He responds back.

"I promise..." I wipe stray tears from his face. I got up and helped Jeremy up. Peppercorn wagging his tail happily."Now lets go home... Love." I say as I start to walk with Jeremy and Peppercorn. I hold Jeremy's hand, his fingers intertwine with mine.

"M-Mike... Why is life though to some people?" (Yes, why is it tough?) Jeremy asks.

"I don't know, Jeremy... Life is life and sometimes you can't change that." Jeremy nods his head.

_______________________