1

Deeper Shades of You  ~ A fifty shades of grey fanfiction

1.

The slow burning fire in front of me is all I can focus on as I sit on the couch in Grace's living room waiting on news on Christian. He was on his way home to me and now, God, he could be gone. Just - gone. We received news that his helicopter, Charlie Tango, was missing four hours ago and when I saw the grainy footage of the shattered pieces of debris on the news, I could feel my hope slipping from the fingers of my mind. He's gone, he's gone, he's gone.  

But I still have faith. I know that man, my Christian more than anyone in this world and I know he's stubborn and determined to come home to me. He loves me. I vow to myself to hold onto that as the minutes tick by one by one.  

Christian's mother, Grace comes to sit beside me and gently lays her hand in the middle of my back.  

"Ana, honey drink this. It will help soothe the nerves. I know we're all afraid of the inevitable but my son, he's so strong. He'd be a fool to leave you"  

I try to smile as I look at her. Her gray eyes are just like Christians and it reminds me of the first time I saw those gray eyes of his. I'll never forget the moment I saw him. This ruggedly handsome man with gray eyes and the smile that still gets to me every time he gives it to me.  

I reach over and clasp my hands around the mug Grace holds out for me.  

"Thank you, Grace."  

So, we sit and we wait and Elliott, Carick and Ethan play poker and texas hold em at the coffee tables only feet away from where Grace, Mia and I sit and wait.  

Suddenly, the television is turned up and Carick is yelling for everyone to quiet down.  

"Breaking news here in Melbourne, the bodies of two passengers have been found and though local police and examiners haven't been able to physically ID them, the wallet of Christian Travelyn Grey of Seattle, Washington has been recovered."  

No...no.. oh, god, no! His wallet, his affects were found and there were two bodies. It's Christian. My Christian! 

A loud sob comes from my chest as I hear the news I never wanted to hear. The words that tear my heart from my chest and I'm left crying uncontrollably, shaking with the force of my shock and sorrow as they reporters go on and on.  

"He's.... dead" I hear Mia utter under the weight of her own sobs.  

No!  

"Ana! Jesus, baby wake up!" I hear the rough voice that I could never doubt for even one second. Christian.  

My eyes fall open and I'm gasping for breath as my body is trembling with the terror and horrible devastation of my nightmare.  

"Hey" I blink up to gray eyes that are intensely watching mine.  

He skims his hand down my cheek, wiping tears away from my skin ever so gently. I force myself to breathe as I bury my face into the warmth of his bare chest and grasp onto the taut lines of Christian's back while he holds me tightly against his body.  

"You're here, Christian. Oh - Christian" I begin to cry again but not from terror or fear or sadness. But from sheer relief.  

"It's okay, baby. Shh, I have you"  

Christian soothes my shaking frame with strong arms holding me and his lips against my forehead.  

"I- it felt so real" My voice breaks as a low sob emits my throat.

"It was a nightmare, Ana. Do you remember?"  

I lean back to reach my fingers into his messy bed hair at the back of his neck.  

I take a deep breath and nod, still reliving the feelings of fear and loss in the dream.  

"I dreamt you were dead"  

                                                        ***