Part 12

Graves POV~

I open my eyes and hear muffled screams coming from a door, I quickly look around to find no sight of the little one, two and two click and I quickly get my hidden gun from my waistband. Rushing to the door; I bang the door open with my foot, breaking the weak lock.

I point my gun everywhere but don't see an intruder, what? I look down on the bed and see the little one sweating, panting uncontrollably, the scream seemed to die down into a whimper. I go down to her level and shake her "Get up little one." She starts to whimper more and tears start to fall down her glorious perfect face.

I use a little more force and shake her up a little more roughly, "WAKE UP!" I finally shout. Her eyes open and she jerks up tears still falling down her face. "W-w-what h-happened?" She looked so shaken up, it pained me to see her like this.

"I think you should tell me what happen." I tell her sternly, not wanting excuses. "N-nothing." I laugh dryly " I don't fuckin' think you would cry and scream in your dream if it was nothing as you say." I scuff. She shakes her hand violently "N-n-no please don't make my say it! I don't I don't want to think about it! No!" Her doe brown eyes filled with tears, pleading to stop talking about it. What's wrong why is she acting like this?

I let out a breath and don't touch the topic any further. I wrap my arms around her and rock her back and forth patting her head softly, I make her look at me by pulling her chin up making us make eye contact. "You sure ya don't want to talk about it little one?" She shakes her head and hugs me tighter "P-please no." I nod "You don't have to tell me right now."

She tightens her hug harder "P-please don't l-leave me a-alone r-right now, please." I nod again "Didn't plan on it." I whisper awkwardly still not knowing how to comfort. I know I said I would leave her alone but at this moment I wanted to stay by her side and never let go, learn why she was like this. Why she was so timid, why she was so scared. When she touches me, it feels so right, so good, I wanted her. So I was going to have her. Protect her. To learn about her. I didn't care at what cost, I was going to protect her, I promise that. Safe in my arms.

I secretly put the gun away making sure she doesn't see it and get spooked. God only knows she was the last person I wanted to be scared of me. I lay her down on the bed and lay next to her. I wrap my arms around her once again and whisper in her ear "I'll protect you don't worry little one, as long as you are with me you can't get hurt."

She softly whispers in a sleepy voice "Y-you promise?" Her sleepy eyes full of hope as they look into my eyes. I melt at the merm sight.

I nod "I promise."

"Pinky promise?" She sticks her pinky out

I laugh lightly "pinky damn promise." I interlock our pinkies together. Soon after she falls into deep sleep seeming to stay calm while our body's hold each other close. I kiss her forehead welcoming the feeling of the tingles and fall sleep.

~NEXT MORNING ATHENAS POV~

I slowly open my eyes feeling heavy limbs on me, I stretch and finally look down at what was holding me down, there I saw the Greek gods arms around me while his leg held my legs tightly , never letting go. The memories came flooding back, I smile sheepishly as I blush. He said he was going to protect and keep me safe. He even promised it!  No one has ever promised to keep me safe, I'm happy!!!

The urge to use the restroom over came all my senses, I slowly attempted to get up. But nothing, nothing happened! I get up, well, attempt to get up again, are better words to use. He grumbled and held me closer and tighter squeezing my blaster only making me feel worse. "Let me go!" I Yelp.