Have I been vaccinated?

I must admit that I used to get all riled up when people asked me whether or not I had received the COVID-19 vaccine. I would get riled up because I felt this was a super shallow question in relation to my whole healthcare story.

People are Talking
For the first time people are actually starting to talk about health. Think about it, before COVID-19 we never ventured to go around asking someone have you checked your pre-diabetes score; when's the last time you got your colonoscopy; when's the last time you went to your primary care doctor? Did you did you get your flu vaccine? Have you gotten your mammogram? When's the last time you got a pelvic exam?

The point is that we never used to walk around asking people about their health, when in fact I think it's a great opportunity to open the door on having more authentic conversations on holistic healthcare.

Invite Someone to the Table
The next time that someone asks me whether or not I've been vaccinated, I would like to respond with the following statement. In fact, I invite you to consider whether or not a similar response might be ideal for you. If not, what would be a good response for you as you think about opening up a broader conversation about healthcare.

So, if someone asks me have you been vaccinated, here's how I'd like to respond:

"I am so glad you asked that question because I've been giving a lot of thought to it and I think it's an excellent opportunity to talk more about holistic healthcare. So, if you'd like to, I would love to invite you to lunch so we can talk not only about vaccination but have an overall authentic conversation about holistic healthcare.

Would you like to join me for lunch?"

Peace
Having a conversation like this brings peace to me! After all, why wouldn't I want to get to know each of God's children better?

Key Thoughts and Takeaways:
- If there is a question that feels controversial to you, reflect on why and see if you can broaden the conversation
- Revealing our own personal weaknesses, which often have to do with healthcare, can bring each of us closer and feel less alone in a world plagued by loneliness
- Invite someone to lunch!

Prayer:
Thank you, Father, for helping me see why one question was so bothersome to me and helping me see how I could respond in way that is a reflection of your image - welcoming! Father, I pray that you will continue to unify this world and allow the human race to become just that - one human race made up of billions of unique people, Your children.

Scripture:
"Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬
(My own emphasis added)

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:16‬ ‭NIV

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace."
‭‭Ephesians‬ ‭4:2-3‬ ‭NIV‬‬

"By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.""
‭‭John‬ ‭13:35‬ ‭NIV‬‬