xxxix

"Wheres Wilbur?" Techno questions, seeing Tommy sitting on the couch with a bored look as he gets dressed to leave, Tubbo needing him back at home.

"I haven't seen him yet, so probably still in the spare room," Tommy informs, getting up with a stretch to walk over to the door. "Seya! I'll be back around to say hi again sometime, don't die until then!"

Techno nods his goodbye and goes over to the stairs once the door is closed, walking up to see the light inside Wilburs room was on. "Wil? You up?"

Techno doesn't wait for an answer before peaking inside to see Wilbur sitting on his bed with messy hair, bags hanging under his eyes as he looks in his palms at the red writing.

He looked psychotic, the way he hunched as tears fell on the marking aggressively. "y/n..."

Techno felt like he'd interrupted, but he walks in further anyway, no need to pretend like he hadn't seen anything.

"You okay?" He knew the question was dumb, but Techno wasn't a very social person, and he didn't know how to exactly approach this type of situation.

Wilbur looks over at his brother and rolls his eyes. "Are you here to finally kill me? If not, get out."

The man felt terrible to sound so desperate and in need of death, but escaping the world he was born in wasn't the goal here exactly; his goal was to reunite with someone he'd fallen head over heels for.

It only took two days for him to break, feeling utterly devastated and empty without her. She'd given him something he hadn't had in a long time, and to go back to being deprived of it was like taking nicotine away from an addict.

He hadn't slept for either of the days, because if he did he dreamt of her, and Wilbur couldn't physically deal with it.

So instead, he stayed awake, thinking of ways to go back if Techno or Tommy wouldn't help.

"Is it really necessary I kill you, Wilbur? You aren't an enemy—"

"If all it takes is me being an enemy then I'll blow up another nation! I'll kill someone! I don't care! I want to be with her, Techno! I want to feel the happiness I know I don't deserve! I'm a monster... yet she still loves me, and waits for me, and listens to me. She's something that no one from this world deserves..."

Techno lets out a sigh, walking out of the room only to leave Wilbur looking down at his blankets, feeling the emptiness growing. It hurt... everything hurt.

But it isn't long before Techo walks back in with a large diamond axe— freshly sharpened and cleaned —leaning it against the wall. "Are you sure this is what you want, Wilbur? To never see us again?"

The man lets out a breath with a small laugh, running a hand through his hair. "I was never supposed to see you guys again anyway. Phil killed me, I'm not supposed to be here. You all seemed to be doing just fine without me anyway, I do have one question though."

The pinkette nods, taking off his nicer layers of clothes for when he ultimately does something he never thought he'd do in his lifetime. "What is it?"

"How is he? Fundy, I mean," Wilbur mumbles, embarrassed to even ask since he knew he wasn't exactly father of the year.

Techno shrugs, rolling his sleeves up. "Dunno, he doesn't come around here. Phil says he's fine though, doing better than he was when you died. Apparently it messed him up, not having either of his parents in the picture anymore."

Wilbur knows he should've at least reached out to his child, but it would only hurt the boy. He was getting over it apparently, and to reach out before disappearing again couldn't be anything good. 

"Ready?"

Techno grabs his trusted axe, stretching it out a little while taking a few practice swings to make sure the pain was practically nonexistent. Though Wilbur didn't seem scared at all.

Which is cause he isn't.

He didn't fear death, not before y/n and definitely not now, when he had something to hope for— someone to see.

"Yeah, get it over with," Wilbur sits up higher, knowing what approach the man is gonna take to kill him.

"It's like falling asleep..." Techno muttered, swinging the axe directly towards his brothers neck.

☁︎︎

Wilbur slowly appears in a familiar space, looking over to see a kitchen he'd tripped inside of before; his smile is big.

But then he looks to the living room, and sees a mess of a place with someone sitting right in the middle of the couch, muttering things to themself.

Wilbur walks over quietly, catching the last few words to leave the woman's mouth. "Because I love you Wilbur, and that includes everything about you."

He smirks, getting closer to the woman he knew felt just as broken as he had.

"I never knew you felt so strongly of me Princess."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

See told you I had everything under control. Let's all be calm and happy now. You're lucky _0ceanBreeze_ said they can't take an angsty ending or Mr Wilbur would've been a very different person.