In the middle

"So that dinner party was a... disaster." I chuckled slightly as Harry walked in and gave me a cup of tea in bed.

"It wasn't ideal, no."

"I honestly don't know why we keep doing dinner parties because they always end up the same way. We're all just masochists I guess."

"I do think things got a bit out of order."

"A bit? Ryan was fucking brutal. Like, it was dark. I feel so bad for both Liv and Digby like, they just keep getting slated by each other."

"At this point though, I can't carry on feeling sorry for them when they're dragging it on themselves. Like, they're the ones that keep perpetuating this so my sympathy can only go so far." He sighed. "Have you spoken to Sammy?"

I shook my head. "Not since I ran into him in the street the other day."

"I was honestly not expecting Habbs to play along with everything like that though. I thought that she was so against it all."

"Literally minutes before she agreed to go to coffee she told me his behaviour was unacceptable and that's a direct fucking quote. I'm not gonna say anything as long as she's happy but I don't think they can be happy together for an extended period of time because of everything that's happened. Like, if you were Sam and I was Habbs, I'd be so fucking done with you, hundred percent."

"Yeah."

"I'm actually meeting up with Habbs and Jamie in a bit, so that should be interesting."

"I'm gonna go hang out with Sammy and J will probably stop by at some point as well."

"Probably." I looked over and checked the time. "Actually, I should probably start getting ready because I plan on taking a very long shower."
And that's exactly what I did.

Eventually, I left to go get brunch with J and Habbs.

"Tell me, how was last night? Was it fun?" Jamie asked.

"We've had way worse, to be fair." I commented.

"Liv and Digby had a bit of a show-off, a see-off." Habbs explained.

"But they're not... I thought that was completely done now." Jamie looked between us confused.

"It was, it was very strange." I stated. "It turns out that they've been sleeping together still and stuff."

"Shut up." Jamie exclaimed in disbelief.

"Yeah." Habbs and I both responded.

"No!"

Habbs elaborated. "Ryan was just like, out at the table, like: let's just have it out, and Liv was like: have what out? And then..."

"But also, exes do just do that and Ryan was blaming it all on Liv and everyone was just like, what is..?"

"That is quite mean." Jamie agreed.

"It was just outrageously unnecessary, I thought." I added.

Jamie changed the topic as he questioned Habbs. "What's been going on with you and Sam?"

I couldn't help but smirk as Habbs explained. "So, update, he gate-crashed my date, for starters."

Jamie furrowed his brows. "What do you mean your date?"

"Well, I went on a date with a boy called Tristan." She caught J up. "Yeah, he came, he pulled up a chair, he told Tris to leave."

"Okay, so what's the vibe with Sam at the moment? It's just, nah?"

"Yeah." Habbs kind of confirmed. "I feel like it's been ages that I've been like, no, like, I don't want anything to do with him. He sat there in front of this random boy he's never met and was like: I love her. And I was like: no, I literally-"