Chapter 137: The Stone Pillar & The Eastern Continent

The day for Cale's departure arrived.

Of course, not everyone from the Roan Kingdom was leaving. However, Cale, as well as a portion of the mages, the knights, and Dark Elves, were all leaving today.

Most of the Empire's forces were leaving as well.

"...Commander."

Grab. Cale barely managed to smile at crown prince Valentino who grabbed his hands again. "I will see you next time, your highness."

"Yes, yes." Valentino smiled gently toward Cale with a sad expression before erasing all emotions from his face and turning to look at someone else with just a smile on his face. "Thank you for all of your help, Duke Huten."

"No, your highness. The Mogoru Empire and Caro Kingdom's friendship is known by everyone."

'Friendship my ass.' Cale snorted internally at Duke Huten's words while admiring Valentino's poker face. 'He's good at acting.'

Cale recalled what Alberu had told him when they chatted last night.

"Valentino? He's quite humane. Honestly speaking, he is a pretty good person."

"Valentino was someone who would show anger when he was angry and sorrow when he was sad. He was someone who cherished the citizens of his kingdom while knowing how to use fear and anger as he needed."

That was the evaluation Alberu had of Valentino.

"But the Caro Kingdom is the land of casinos and auctions. He is someone who rose to the position of crown prince in such a kingdom."

However, emotions and rationality were extremely different.

"He calculates things faster than anybody I know. That is why he won't let go of us until the end of the war, regardless of whether he trusts what we have to say or not. Also..." Alberu looked toward Cale with an odd expression. "He seems to admire the Roan Kingdom quite a bit."

"...Your highness, did he explain his admiration with a straight face?"

Alberu and Cale looked toward each other and chuckled.

"...His style doesn't suit me."
"Me neither."

They had agreed for the first time in a while.

Cale recalled that conversation as Duke Huten approached him.

The crown prince was thanking each of the Empire and Roan Kingdom's leaders and saying goodbye to each of them one by one.

Duke Huten took that time to approach Cale. "I hope to see you again in the future."

"I wish for the same, Duke-nim." Absolutely. Cale absolutely wanted to see him again in the future.

"Good. I have never seen anybody with such a strong shield in my life. It is an honor to know someone with such profound strength."

"It is embarrassing to hear that from a sword master like you, Duke-nim."

The two were chatting jovially.

Duke Huten shook his head. "No. I reflected a lot after seeing you and the Roan Kingdom."

Duke Huten had a sincere smile on his face. He then looked at the people around Cale. "...This is how you should grow your strength."

'Grow extremely strong while remaining quiet.' Duke Huten did not say that part out loud.

His gaze then headed back toward Cale. 'The red thunderbolt.'

He still had not figured out the identity of that power. It was strong enough to destroy Arm's magic circle. Who could that power belong to?