𝟻- 𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝙰𝚛𝚎 𝚈𝚘𝚞?

Xiao's POV

✦✦

Venti turns to me, fiddling with his fingers, "Xiao...I have something to tell you..." Venti trails off, "You know, you can tell me anything...we're friends remember." The word 'friends' doesn't feel right...ah forget it, what am I thinking? Venti looks down at his hands and then raises his head to face mine, "I like- actually nevermind... It wasn't important anyways ahaha..." He gave me a weak smile.

The next day:

I was in chemistry class with Albedo as our teacher, I zone out from his boring lectures on how life started, monster etc. I start to hear voices from behind me, "Yanfei darling, why does Xiao have to hang out with my best friend?! It's not fair!" I roll my eyes as I think about what I'm going to do after school. "Calm down TaoTao, you don't want him beating you up again!" I stopped eavesdropping as their convosation was getting boring.

I hate Chemistry class for two reasons, one because it's boring as hell and two is because I have to sit Infront of those lovebirds who can't stop with calling each other stupid nicknames. I walk out if class, happy that the day has ended and I can go to sleep- oh wait nevermind, I have to help Venti study. Oh well, it's better than having nightmares I guess, and a that's why we're friends.

✦✦

"Venti! I'm here!" I shouted through the door of our dorm. No response "Venti?!" I shouted again. No response. Good dammit wheres that bard? Well might as well be productive and do homework. I got out my maths and scribbled down the answers. 24 X 2 =? + ∆ (∆= 2+2 X 9) = ? What a easy question, I scribbled down the answer. 84! (Which is incorrect)

The more questions I answered the more worried about Venti's whereabouts. Could he be in the office hurt? Detention? GETTING BEATEN UP!? All these negative thoughts came to my head until..."XIAOOOOOOOO!" A loud and familiar voice screeched. I turned my head to be in my best friend's presence, I felt somewhat... important. He smiled at me as my heart skipped a beat.

"I'm Sorry Xiao." He apologized " I was trying to stop a fist fight between Amber and Thoma. Ehe~" I was shocked that some weak, timid kid could stop a fight between a student council vice president and a lame delinquent, to be honest i'm quite impressed. "Y-you had me worried sick Venti. I-i thought you were hurt." I panicked. When did I have the heart to be concerned over a mere human? Venti responded with a nod."Xiao? Wanna study now?" Venti asked "Yeah why not?"

Oh thank the heavens your safe Venti.

A/N

Finally had the motivation to re write this lol school has been tiring, :') well I'll find some Motivation to re write the next chapter :D