Chapter 46

Astrid's pov.

"He's here somewhere" I say looking for Scott in the crowd with Derek by my side. "You know..." I say and he takes a long look at me "It feels odd, teenagers looking for some fun, parties and all and we are basically missing all of this. I mean, I want to have fun too, just like the old times when we used to get drunk and not remember a thing in the morning" I say with a small smirk and I can see a grin forming in the corner of his lips.

"Yeah... The first time I got drunk, I was with you, still can't remember what happened" he responds with his typical grin and a small laugh.

"You were wasted, you even called me 'sexy' " I say and we both start laughing.

"I wasn't wrong tho" he responds to my comment and I burst out laughing, but then I see Scott and Allison.

"Look, he's there!" I say pointing at Scott and Allison dancing together. "Look, here's the plan, you're gonna take Allison home but keep her jacket"

"Why?" he frowns.

"He's learning to adapt to his new 'powers' idiot, so if he loses Allison, he'll try to find her, and based on the fact that it's a full moon and he's new, his smell is stronger. Her scent will lead him to us" I say and I put my hand on his shoulder. "Since when were you this tall?" I ask frustrated looking at him and I see a cocky grin on his face.

"You're just short, As" he says and he goes after Allison.

"Asshole" I saw and he just laughs. "Right, now let's take care of Scott" I whisper to myself and I can easily smell him. He lost control. He drives home and I keep up with him, now being behind McCall's house, listening to his and Stiles's conversation.

"No, listen, you gotta find Allison" tries Scott to say but I can't sense that he is trying his best to keep control.

"She's fine all right? I saw her get a ride from the party. She's totally fine, all right?"

"No, I think I know who it is"

"Just let me in, we can try..."

"It's Derek. Derek Hale is the werewolf. He's the one that bit me. He's the one that killed the girl in the woods." he says and I roll my eyes. 'Really? Derek to kill his own sister?'

"Scott, Derek's the one that drove Allison from the party" says Stiles and I see Scott jumping out his window. He starts running and I run after him, tracking Allison's scent.

"Where is she?" he asks, referring to Allison.

"She's safe from you" says Derek appearing behind him.

"What did you do to her?"

"Shh, quiet." says Derek but it's too late, the hunters are already here "Too late they're already here. Run"

Scott tries his best but an arrow flies next to his head, making his sight blurry, then Chris appears and shoots Scott in his arm.

"Take him" he says but I can't let that happen.

I see Derek staying as close to the ground as he can and I go behind the hunters, attacking the people in the back, leaving Chris alone. Derek quickly takes Scott and I stay behind to make sure he doesn't follow. I know their code, they won't kill unless something has been done wrong.

"Who were they?" asks Scott panting.

"The Argent's hunters" I say appearing from the trees, standing next to Derek.

"Astrid? What are you doing here? With him?! What is happening?"

"I'm here to help Scott, for now just look out for the hunters"

"They have been hunting us for centuries" adds Derek

"Us? you mean you! You did this to me!" accuses Scott and I roll my eyes.

"Is it really that bad Scott? That you can see better, hear more clearly, move faster than any human could ever hope? You've been given something that most people would kill for. The bite is a gift" says Derek and

"I don't want it" 'Bruh, everyone would want that' I just roll my eyes and I keep listening.

"You will, and you're gonna need us if you want to learn how to control it"

"Us? You're a werewolf too?" he says, raising his eyebrows.

"No" I lie. I don't want him and Stiles to know, at least not yet.

"You and me Scott, we're brothers now" says Derek and we leave, hearing Stiles's car approaching the woods.

"Why didn't you tell him?" he asks after some long silence.

"I don't want him to know yet, he'll say that I was the one that bit him and won't try to understand a thing I'm gonna say, way too much drama, so, for now, I'll just be their guider or something and I'll help them with everything they need when they'll need it." I explain and he goes silent again.

"I wanted to ask you something" he breaks the ice again.

"Shoot"

"Have you ever killed someone?" he frowns and I answer.

"Yeah" I say without a hesitation "I just make sure that the Argents or any hunters don't find out about it."

"How? I mean, aren't banshees supposed to predict death or something?" he frowns even more and I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah, and?"

"How can you kill someone?" he asks looking shocked.

"With power Derek, it gives you power, strength and new abilities. Look" I say and I stop walking "From what I remember, I killed approximately ten people. One alpha, his pack that consisted in seven members I think, one omega and a man that wanted to rape me."

"Why did you kill the alpha?"

"I was accused of betraying him when I didn't even know him and he decided to challenge me without even listening to me. Of course I didn't back up and that's how I ended up killing a pack" I say in a breath and his face is stoned. "Any more questions?"

"Yeah, actually, tell me about the omega" he says and we start walking towards the old Hale house.

"So... the omega was just rude and I didn't like her, she was so cocky, careless and stupid. She said that I was no better than her in a fight and I showed her that she was wrong" I say and he just laughs.

"Seems fair" he says and I burst out laughing.

"I missed you Der" I say, slightly pouching him.

"I hate admitting this, but I missed you too, As" he says and smiles at me. "I missed you too..." he adds in a wisper more likely to himself.