What's Wrong with Todoroki?

Bakugou Katsuki walked into the common area. Everyone was at their work study except for Bakugou and Todoroki Shouto. It pissed him off but he got bored sitting in his room. As he got closer to the couches he heard the TV on and he didn't want to hang out with stupid IcyHot but he was just bored enough to watch TV with Todoroki. He would at least try anyway.
He rounded the corner and Todoroki was sitting on the floor. He leaned back on the heels of his hands and his legs were stretched straight out. Todoroki didn't seem to notice Bakugou walk into the room. He noticed Todoroki was smiling at the TV. It kind of made Bakugou feel weird he's never seen IcyHot look so...innocent?

Bakugou sat down on the couch behind Todoroki. "What are we watching IcyHot?" Bakugou asked in his usual gruff voice.
"Totoro" Todoroki pointed at the screen and then looked back at Bakugou and smiled.
"Hah?" Bakugou looked at Todoroki with a confused look on his face.
Todoroki blushed and cleared his throat. He stood up and sat down on the other end of the couch.
Bakugou felt like he interrupted Todoroki watching the movie and for some reason felt bad about it. Todoroki pulled his legs up on the couch and held his knees to his chest, his eyes were glued to the cartoon.
Bakugou went from watching the movie to watching the boy one cushion down from him. The cat bus seemed to excite Todoroki he slightly bounced in his seat, forgetting Bakugou was there.
"You like Totoro?" Bakugou asked in a quiet voice.
"Mhm" Todoroki said nodding.
"Me too. I like studio Ghibli movies. Don't tell anyone I said that though." Bakugou gave the other boy a look. Todoroki giggled. He's giggling?
"I won't. This one is my favorite. What's yours?" Todoroki's eyes glistened.
"Uh yeah...Spirited Away probably." Bakugou crossed his arms over his chest.
"I like that one too." Todoroki nodded.
"I didn't take you for someone who watches stuff like this." Bakugou said watching Todoroki stare at the screen.
"If I'm being honest, you either." Todoroki tried not to sound too small.
"Well...yeah when I was a kid but you're watching it right now...alone." Bakugou said trying not to sound judgemental, he was just really confused.
Todoroki blushed and ignored the blonde.
"It's sad when their mom is sick again." Todoroki said in one of the saddest little voices Bakugou had ever heard let alone it was coming from Todoroki.
Bakugou sat up and faced Todoroki more.
"Yeah, it is really sad. Are you okay?" Why the hell would Bakugou ask, he cared for some stupid reason.
"Yeah, just really sad...she has to stay at the hospital." Todoroki was holding back tears, Bakugou noticed him wipe his eyes.
"Because she's sick, ya know? If she went home she won't get better." Bakugou tried to rationalize it to him. He didn't know why, but he felt like Todoroki wasn't himself. Balugou also didn't know why he gave a shit but he did so he continued to talk to Todoroki.
"Yeah, I know...just sad when mommy's are sick and can't come home." Todoroki's voice sounded like a little kids voice, a sad child.
Bakugou moved to the middle cushion to sit a little closer to him. Todoroki was talking quietly and Bakugou already had a hard time hearing as is. He wouldn't admit it but the way Todoroki was acting was bringing something out in himself.
Todoroki thought it was a little strange that the hot head was being so nice to him. But he didn't want to make him mad. The explosions would scare him too much right now.
"Are you okay?" Bakugou asked kind of quietly.
"I..." Todoroki turned and looked at the boy with spikey blonde hair. "I...I'm okay Kacchan...can you help me?" Todoroki was nervous about something. Bakugou thought it was odd he just called him Kacchan but he let it slide. "Yeah bud, what do you need?" Why'd he just call Todoroki bud? Why did Bakugou feel this weird feeling toward Todoroki right now. Like protective? Like the bastard needed protecting.
"Will you come with me to my room so I can get my hoodie? I-I'm cold and... I don't want to go alone...."
"You're cold?! Pause the movie! We gotta go get that hoodie!" Bakugou smiled and Todoroki paused the movie.
"Wanna race?" Bakugou asked, he keeps surprising himself.
"Race? Yeah!!" Todoroki's eyes lit up as he stood up and started running.
"IcyHot! You cheated!" Bakugou caught up and Todoroki started laughing. They got to the elevator and Todoroki won. They got onto the elevator Bakugou smiled when Todoroki laughed. They reached the top floor.
"Okay, just this way Baku." Todoroki laughed and gestured to follow him.
They headed to Todoroki's room.
"Uh...do you want to come in?" Todoroki asked.
"Okay." Bakugou didn't think anything of it and shrugged.
They stepped inside and Todoroki went for his black hoodie with hot pink screen printed cat face on the front.
"Do you like it?" Todoroki smiled and pulled the hoodie on.
"Yeah, I do!" Bakugou was surprised by his own reaction. What the hell is this?
"You being really nice to me." Todoroki blushed and looked at the floor.
"Yeah, I am. Something's going on with you, I don't know what but you seem like you need someone to be nice to you. I guess I'll do it." Bakugou was feeling soft for him. He shrugged like it wasn't a big deal.