Electrifying Spirits! CH-22 (2/3)

Recap:
Last chapter ended up in Ash getting the first win of the battle. Tyanitar displayed a lot of power when it took down Calem's Tyrantrum. Now we'll continue with the next battle.

Calem: Chesnaught! Come on out!

A green/white turtle like pokemon appeared with spikes in it's shell and claws.

Chesnaught: Chesnaught!

Ash smiled a bit since he never battled a Chesnaught. Then he looked down towards Riolu and asked "You ready buddy?"

"Rio!!" It replied as he leaped up, doing a frontflip and landed on the battlefield.

Serena watched nervously at the battlefield, holding her ribbon tight since she knew Chesnaught was Calem's first ever partner and Riolu would have a difficult time against it.

Both Ash and Calem narrowed their eyes at their opponents pokemon before commanding a move.

Calem was first to break the silence as he commanded Chesnaught to use Pin Missle.

Ash: Riolu, use Aura Sphere!

Chesnaught launched green missles towards Riolu who countered it with a blue ball of aura cancelling eachother out. A smoke cloud appeared and covered the whole field and no one could see what happened inside.

As the smokecloud faded away and it revealed Riolu standing face to face with Chesnaught, they both smirked at eachother.

Ash: Riolu! Get in close and use Force Palm!

Calem: Intercept with Hammer Arm!

Riolu started to run towards Chesnaught and Chesnaught's arm started to glow white.

When Riolu approached, Chesnaught pulled his glowing hand in the air and slammed it down.

Calem had a smirk on his face but that changed quickly into a shocked expression because Riolu managed to dodge at the last second and had his paw on Chesnaughts chest.

A force of energy came from the paw and it shot Chesnaught backwards.

After the hit Riolu smirked at Calem. It showed him that he never should underestimate it because of it's size.

Calem however wasn't faced by Riolu as he called out his next attack.

Calem: Chesnaught! Use Frenzy Plant!

Chesnaught: Naught! Chesnaught!

Chesnaughed took a deep breath and slammed his fists on the ground. As soon as that happened, large vines started to pop from the ground and they all made their way to Riolu.

Both Ash and Riolu's eyes widened at the attack heading towards them.
There was no time to respond as the first couple vines of the ruthless attack hit Riolu hard and slammed it towards the stadium walls.

Ash was shocked to see his Riolu getting slammed into the walls that hard as he cried "Riolu!" Out.

Through all the cracks and rubble in the wall, Riolu managed to get up while panting heavily.

Ash: Great job Riolu! Can you still continue?

Riolu nodded and cried "RIOO" out in determination.

At that moment Riolu started to glow blue and started to change form.

He grew in size, his arms and legs became longer and from his chest and paws emerged some kind of spikes.

Ash: You did it Rio- I mean Lucario!