//Why should she be a liar?//

Matty's POV

The heat of a body next to mine wakes me up. Feeling an arms around my waist and entwined fingers, i turn around and see Kate, sleeping behind me. I regard her face with a peaceful expression. Her hair is fixed as a bun and she wears a t-shirt of mine and shorts.
While regarding her, i feel how much i am in love with her. After the breakup with Gem and just some girls for fun, i thought i would never fall for any girl again.

But Kate proofed i was wrong, obviously wrong. But to see Gemma hurt, even after all what happened still is hard.
I remember what i promised this Pete guy. Yeah i will call her, i want a better life, a better love for her. But i know it will be hard to let her go and i know one word from her and i will run.
I get out of bed, grab my phone and call Gem. When she picks up, she sounds tired. "Hello?" "Hey Gem, whats up?" Her voice seems to sound happier now. "Oh Matty, i am fine. Do you wanna meet today?" I chuckle, she always says what i have in mind. "You stole my line, Gem. Alright, lets meet in...40 minutes?" "Okay, Matty. Will you pick me up?"

I am waiting in my car, infront of Gem's house.
She is coming out, waving inside and shuts the door. "Hey babe", Gem sings when she is jumping in the car. I can't help but smile at her. That's the Gemma i know, reckless, cheerful and beautiful. My heart aches, when i see her down and sad.
"Hey, i hope you don't mind i am saying this but you look very pretty today" She bursts into laughter.
"Shut up Healy."
We drive to a nice coffeeshop, and i help Gem to get out. "Ugh i am so fat now. Just can't move." We both giggle the way to the shop. While i order two coffees, Gem is looking for a table near the windows.
We are sitting there for hours, talking about everything comes to mind. "I miss you Matty, as my boyfriend i mean. I miss your kisses, your body..." I smile at her sadly,"I know. I have missed you too. Even when we weren't a couple, we still were more than friends." That makes something coming to my mind. "Gem, i am...i didn't know you got pregnant. I was so sure we hadn't..." She avoids my glare, when she answers. "I know. One night you came to my house, very drunk and i was high i guess. I don't remember everything but...Yeah i think it happened." I remember that night, and try to remember what happened that night. But i don't remember we did anything, i am sure i was falling asleep next to her, nothing more. But...it's Gem, my Gem...
Why should she be a liar?

...................

Ohh what was that???
I see trouble coming up guys;)
I hope you liked that chapter^^
Feel free to comment, fav or share:))
Much love, Sarah xx