Sanctuary With Others

(Y/n POV)
I felt my breath being taken away as u fell down into the inky abyss. I felt my legs touch down on solid ground, I cautiously opened my eyes. Only for me to realise I was around a campfire with other people.

As I wandered closer a few of them noticed me, and immediately ran up to me with questions.

"Who are you?"
"How did you get here?"
"Do you have any memories of how you got here?"
"What's your trial like?"
"How was your first trial?"

You were overwhelmed with them all, as you tried to back away. Until I heard someone yell out

"OI TWATS GIVE 'EM SOME FOOKIN' SPACE, YEAH!"

I gave a quiet sigh as my saviour came to me
"Right nice to meet ya I'm David King, and that cut in yer back looks a fair bit painful. Now get yer ass to Claudette, the one in the bush there, to get ya self patched up."

As I made my way to the person he pointed to he then yelled out,

"OH AND CONGRATULATIONS ON SURVIVING YOUR FIRST TRIAL, THEY'RE USALLY A DOGS ARSE TO DO, EVEN FOR THE EXPIERIENCED ONES."

With that he sat back down at his previous spot around the campfire.

(Timeskip brought to you by raid, the bug spray)

As I sat down near the warm embrace of the campfire, I had a weak and frankly fearful man approach me and whispered

"It would be nice if you introduced yourself to everyone."

As I stood up to do what the scrawny man asked he added quickly

"OH and I'm Dwight"

Trying my best to remember his name for the future, I stood up fully and went to the empty space in front of the warm glow.

"Um hello everyone...my n-name is   (y/n) (l/n)...I hope we can get along alright."

With my last word I hastily went back to my previous spot. I wish I could just dissappear forever, because now all eyes are on me. After a painful amount of time, someone spoke up and asked

"So um how did you escape from your killer?"

Shocked at the question I was delayed with my response and stuttering along with it

"I found a h-hatch after having a throwing axe miss my head f-from a tall lady with a r-rabit mask"

When I mentioned the throwing axe and mask, they all looked at me with shock and amazement. I regret saying such, as they all bombarded me with questions and congratulations again.

"YOU HAD THE HUNTRESS MISS A HATCHET, THATS NEVER HAPPENED"

"YOU FOUND HATCH IN THE FIRST TRIAL, HOW?"

"SHE MUST'VE GONE EASY ON YOU, SHE ENDS UP KILLING US ALL EASILY"

"DON'T BE STUPID KATE SHE ALWAYS GIVES 110%!"