04

Waking up this morning, I felt an uneasiness in my stomach. The sunlight beamed through the curtains, straining my eyes. I was tangled in the cheap cotton sheets, sprawled out on my stomach where my shirt I managed to put on last night was pulled up my body.

I raised my head from the many pillows, rubbing my eyes with the back of my index knuckles. I glance at the clock and see it was shortly after eleven, immediately my head fell back on the bed. Today was Saturday, no work today. I should be up and out, but instead, I just want to lay here in my room.

Events from last night kept me tossing and turning last night. I had a terrible sleep because I just kept thinking about Harry and how he even got into my apartment. Every time I opened my eyes last night I just got a cloud of anxiety wash over me, sleeping was the only way to stop worrying.

But now it was after eleven and I needed to get up, there's only so much procrastinating I could do to avoid my problems. If I just keep laying here then I'll think about it more and more, I need to get up and on with my day. 

I peeled myself out of bed, slinging my bare feet on the cold concrete floor. I ran my hand back through my hair which was still soft from my last shower.

"Be careful... your life is going to be a living hell from now on." I heard repeating in my thoughts.

My stomach tightened with nausea for a second. I get up and walk to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and cleaning myself up for the day. I didn't know what the plan was for today, but at least it would be better than yesterday. 

Maybe I'll go to a small cafe, somewhere inside. It was December after all, winter was here and I had to enjoy the hot coffee as much as I could.

I put my hair up so it was out of my face. I took my vitamins and knocked back some water with it, realizing how little amounts of water I drink daily. I grabbed my bag, plopped it on my bed and opened it up to retrieve the stuff I shoved in there from work last night. 

I grab out my laptop and place it to the side, taking out my chargers are putting them to the side too. I realized something was missing, my purse. This bag wasn't that big so it was easy to see I was missing something that important, I definitely brought it last night too.

"Shit," I murmur to myself, knowing I left it at work last night.

I thought to myself for a second on what to do, praying it wasn't gone for good. No one would've taken it, if anything it's just sitting on my desk. I rushed to grab my stuff so quickly last night after the anxiety of getting a tattoo kicked in.

I groan to myself and get off the bed, grabbing my bag and putting the strap over my shoulder. I'll have to go to work and hope they let me in as my I.D tag is in my purse.

I throw on my coat, slipping on my shoes. My day plan didn't include going all the way to work but the car ride isn't overly huge. 

I grab my phone and keys, wrapping an oversized scarf around my neck for extra warmth. I left my apartment, luckily running into no one within the hallway.

The last thing I need is to run into someone and panic they are one of Wayne's employees. I'm still all on edge from yesterday, I do not want to see their faces at all today considering I've seen enough of them for a lifetime.

The complicated thing about Harry is he is a criminal, but for some reason, I am not overly scared of him. He has so much power over me, why am I not scared of him? It's the way he is always tries to get me away from Wayne, it is like he is saving me.

I head down to the lobby, In very convenient timing I was already outside and a cab was pulling up. It was a breathtaking snowy day, bringing a smile to my face as snow fell onto my nose. When I got in the cab, I told the driver the address and we were off, only being about a then minute ride.