Hogwarts; A Half Blood Mystery

The floor was silent under her feet, as if she was weightless. The air was cold, but not as cold as her skin. Nobody could ever understand the raw chill of her body. The only thing that measured up was the intense need for blood. And NOTHING could compete with that.

She paced around her room, nightgown flowing out behind her. The air wasn't present, as she tore through it in her quickened steps. She had to stop the craving, had to suck blood. She had to get out of this room.

After several attempts to open the locked door, she gave up, crying out loudly into the night, the pain of hunger on her lips. She imagined the taste, the warmth, the only warmth she could feel the warmth of fresh blood.

"Mr. Hunter?"

"Hmm?" I looked up to see Professor Snape standing beside my desk.

"Can you tell me how to make a Love Potion?" He asked, the whole class waiting for me to give an answer might as well give them a show.

I smirked, "Which number?"

"I beg your pardon?" Snape wheeled back around to face me.

"Well, you asked me if I knew how to make a love potion, and I asked you which number?" I let a little laugh out. "There are nine to chose from, Sir."

Snape waltz back over to the desk. "No more smart ass remarks from you!"

"In all respect Sir," Even though I showed no respect, "it's better then being a dumbass."

"Ten points from Gryffindor," hissed Snape.

The class moaned at the punishment. I just shrugged. I had no care for house points, and I hadn't even plucked the nerve yet.

"I suggest," Snape began, "You watch your step Mr. Hunter."

"Don't worry Professor, it's easy when you don't have your head shoved up your ass. You should try it some time."

That had done it.

"Out, now! To the Headmaster! Now!" He bellowed.

I picked up my books and left the dungeons. As I wandered the empty halls I swore I heard a noise. But after six years of Hogwarts, I had learned that a little noise meant nothing more then Flitch's cat, Mrs. Norris.

I liked the hallways when they were empty. The building was old and mysterious. I loved mysteries, I loved secrets, I loved Hogwarts.

I thought about not going to the Headmaster's office at all, but realized I had already made my way there.

"Hey…statue." I spat at the bird. "Chocolate Frogs."

It slowly opened, letting me slip by. At this point, I knew every password for every dorm, every room, especially the Headmaster's office. I was a regular visitor after all. I wasn't sure why I tormented the staff so much; I only did it to the ones who reacted so well to my pestering. Snape is my favourite professor to torment. Before I graduate, my goal is to get Snape so badly that maybe he would cry. Though I didn't think even my ideas were that good at irritating Snape.

I went to knock on the door, but as usual, it swung open by it's self. I stepped into the office, still amazed at all the artefacts.

"Hello Jack." I was greeted over half mooned spectacles.

"Hello Professor." I collapsed in a chair. "Snape sent me up here."

"Professor Snape." Dumbledore corrected me. "Yes, I know he sent you up here."

I sighed. "So…am I in trouble?"

"No." Dumbledore didn't look up from the papers he was crouching over. "But you have to do night duty with Professor Snape the night after next."