"Are you seriously asking that? When we decide to get engaged, you'll be the last person on the list of invitees to the party. Maybe I can make you a doggie bag." Kate's face flushed with anger at her words.

"Well you couldn't do anything when all these years I was successful in throwing you out of his life." Though her comeback made very little sense, she looked satisfied.

"You seriously didn't think that you're getting away with all this with just a bit of humiliating exposure within closed walls, did you?" I asked in a low cold voice. It was strange how weeks back she was such an important person in my life and now everything about her disgusted me to the core.

"Well how exactly do you plan to punish me? Enlighten me." I acknowledged her with a condescending sneer.

"Let's not spoil the fun. You'll see when it happens." The falter in her confidence was evident in her face.

"I am your friend, Evan." She shouted, desperation dripping from her voice.

"You are anything but. You're just a backstabbing bitch." Brae snarled at her.

"I did this to save you from this filthy woman."

"Shut up! How dare you speak to her like that standing in front of me? I felt Brae slip her hand into mine and intertwine our fingers in an attempt to cool me down.

"See yourself out of this building, right now." With a clenched jaw and furious eyes, she stormed out of the cabin. Looking back at Brae I found her still staring at the floor.

"I wanted to see her behind the bars. Only if I had some proofs of her blackmailing!" Brae huffed before I saw her sinking into some deep thought.

"Brae?" She blinked before turning her gaze towards me.

"Yes?"

"What's wrong?" She furrowed her eyebrows, confused.

"Nothing's wrong?" She tried to play it off with a casual chuckle. I tilted my head slightly to the side showing my clear disbelief.

"I wasn't thinking about anything in particular. I just zoned out." Her shrug didn't make it any more believable. I gripped her chin and made her face me.

"The truth, Brae." She looked into my eyes and let out a sigh.

"It's nothing. I just... it's really stupid." I held her hand in mine and pulled her closer.

"I want to know what you are thinking." She still looked conflicted.

"I am just a bit nervous, I mean it's…. you know.....I just don't want anything coming in between us again. I am probably being paranoid." She stared at me with her lips pressed tightly together. I gently removed her hair behind her shoulder before cupping her cheek.

"Nothing's gonna come between us again. I promise." I said, looking straight into her eyes. Something told me it was exactly what she wanted to hear.

………………..

Braelyn's POV

"Spill, already." I said, pouring the milk in the bowl of cereal.

"What?" Bri looked up from her phone and gave me a confused stare. I carried my breakfast and the sofa and sat down beside her.

"I don't get it." I rolled my eyes before chewing down the cereal in my mouth.

"Right. You don't understand. I'll be more clear. What's the deal with you and Ryan?" At my question she went back to lean against the sofa.

"What about him?' She scrolled through her Instagram feed, showing disinterest.

"Are you two dating?" She absent-mindedly looked at the spoon in my hand before giving a small shrug.

"Uhm yeah… I don't know." I sat the bowl down before sitting straighter.

"Let me guess. He hasn't asked you to be his girlfriend yet." Bri gave me a blank stare.

"Bingo." She muttered with the minimum enthusiasm.

"He will."

"Maybe he won't."

"Why will you say that?"

"We went out a few times. Maybe he isn't into me like I'm into him and he doesn't know how to break it to me because he most probably doesn't want to hurt my feelings." This overthinking. Yep! She is definitely my sister.

"Or maybe he is just as chicken as you are." She passed me a bored look.

"Why don't you ask him to be your boyfriend?" Over excited, I slapped her arm a little too hard, receiving a hard glare from her.

"I can't." She muttered.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"If he doesn't feel that way for me, I will just make things awkward. With him being your boyfriend's brother, it's not like I can just unfriend him and happily avoid him for good." She exhaled deeply before sinking down more into the sofa. Though she had a point, I couldn't believe that he didn't like her, not after I saw him staring at her the way he did.

"But I think he does like you." We both stared at each other before we went back to looking at the ceiling.

" We both stared at each other before we went back to looking at the ceiling