Chapter 63: Gravity

An hour or so later, after milling around the factory with Seb as he caught up with several of the team managers, all while simultaneously trying to get as far away from the accounting department as possible, they finally headed off. It was time to see the crew. At least, the remaining members.

Tully could feel her nerves rising and took a deep breath. Maybe he wouldn't be there. And even if he was, maybe they'd just comfortably ignore each other.

No, something told her that Jacob wouldn't ignore her. He just didn't seem like the type to handle it like that. He'd be wracked with guilt. He'd probably want to try and speak with her, or worse, Seb, to make things right. She'd rather just get hit by lightning. Seb on the other hand seemed completely at ease. If he was thinking about it at all, he certainly didn't show it.

After finding a park outside, Tully was desperately relieved to see Britta waiting outside for them. Seb walked confidently just ahead as Tully lagged behind.

"Hello." Seb greeted Britta cheerfully, earning him a raised eyebrow as he sauntered past with his hands tucked in his pockets and a grin plastered across his face.

"What's that look about?"

"I'm just happy to see your suspicious little face, Britta."

Tully chuckled and shook her head as Britta narrowed in on her instead.

"What has he done, Tully? Tell me."

"She'll never tell you." he sang, pushing the front door of the bar open.

"He had sex on the head of accounting's desk." Tully replied, completely deadpan.

"Tully!"

"You what?" Britta gasped.

"And what do you mean 'he', I seem to remember you being there too." Seb jabbed back at her.

"Tully!" Britta scolded, "Sebastian! Is she being serious? Have you lost your mind? Did you somehow forget that that place is riddled with cameras?"

Tully snorted as a silence fell between the three of them for a moment before he finally replied.

"Yes. No. And... yes actually I did forget that."

"I can't believe you!" Britta continued, her voice jumping up at least 2 octaves.

"You may need to make some phone calls." he replied, shooting her a ridiculous, cheeky smile.

Britta seemed speechless as he turned and walked into the bar, laughing to himself.

Tully bit her lip as Britta turned her attention back to her and sighed dramatically.

"Well then. Oh, for God's sake. Don't tell him I said this but..." a small smile crept across her face, "I'm glad things are finally getting back to normal."

The Finn chuckled sheepishly as Britta held the door open for her and they both stepped inside.

"Just maybe not quite that normal, I mean how many times do you two have to choose such public places. I am still in therapy over Dubai..."

"Oh god." Tully murmured, dying a little inside before the homely warmth of the dimly-lit room distracted her. She gazed around, admiring how quant and inviting the place was. The walls were covered in a lifetime of framed photographs, showing generations of the owner's family, and presumably many of the locals. The tables and chairs were made of well-worn oak, adorned with glass jars containing what must have been hundreds of tea-light candles all over the room. Low 60's classics played from the speakers, setting a comfortable background ambiance. It was relatively busy, with a decent line up behind the bar and groups surrounding most of the tables, chatting happily between themselves.