Chapter 2- In times like this, the only person you can trust is yourself

Happy reading!!

------------------------------------

I stared back at him in horror. There was no way this guy was Theseus. No way. This guy was completely off his rocker. I shook my head violently. "No you're not. You're lying to me!" I said to him. He laughed. It was a short humorless laugh. "You'll believe me sooner or later." "Never." I snapped at him. He looked disappointed.  "Helen, please don't scowl. I don't want you to ruin that pretty face of yours."

He lifted his hand, and before I could think, brushed his hand across my cheekbone. I shivered at his touch. It felt so familiar. He laughed again. "That's the same way you reacted last time." "What are you talking about?" I asked him, hastily. "I'm talking about our former lives, of course. You need to keep up, Helen." He shook his head at me like he was scolding a puppy. "Stop calling me Helen." I snapped at him. "My name is Rosie." He shrugged his shoulders easily, "whatever you say, Helen." I could already sense a losing battle, so I let it drop. 

"Where are you taking me?" I asked suddenly. Amazingly, the question hadn't popped into my head until that moment. "My mansion.." He replied simply. His mansion? What did this guy do for a living? Or more accurately, what did his parents do for a living? "You live in a mansion?" I asked him incredulously. I knew he could detect the doubt in my voice because he replied snobbishly, "Of course I do! I was a king in my former life. Or did you not know that?" He asked me. Did he think I was stupid or something? Of course I knew my ancient Greek history! I had done plenty of studying in the past few weeks after Prue had told me I was.... reincarnated. "I'm not stupid 'Theseus.'" I put air quotes around his name, showing him I still didn't believe he was really who he said he was. "Of course I knew that Theseus was king in his life. To be specific, he was the King of Athens." 

He stared at me, with a new light in his eyes. Appreciation, maybe? "A girl who's stunning and has brains? How did I get so lucky?" He seemed to be talking to no one in particular. "Can I go home, please?" I asked him. He looked at me like I was crazy. "No." He said. "Why not?!" I demanded, anger boiling inside of me. "Because," he replied, sliding to my side. I quickly tried to move away from him and keep him away from me, but he grabbed my arm, restraining me. "I already told you, Helen. We were meant to be together. And history always repeats itself." He was so close to me. I stared into his emerald eyes, mesmerized. I temporarily forgot to shudder at his touch. "You do know the story, right?" He asked, leaning towards me. He was so close to me. I slowly moved a little farther away from him. "Yes," I replied, nervous. Where was he going with this. "So you know," he said, his voice husky, "That Theseus takes Helen to his home. And she eventually falls in love with him." 

Suddenly, I saw Theseus in a whole new light. It was weird. All of a sudden he wasn't a good looking teenager who was over confident anymore. He was a king. He wasn't dressed differently or anything. I just saw a new light in him. The confident way he held himself. His attitude and his attitude were just so.... kingly. I couldn't think of a better word to describe him. I could see how he could have been a king in his former life. Wait, I scolded myself, he wasn't a king in his former life. Heck, he hasn't been reincarnated at all! He's just a mentally unstable teenager, remember? 

"The stories aren't definite." I reminded him. "Some say that Helen never loved Theseus. When her brothers Castor and Pollux rescued her, she still hated Theseus as much as she had the day he kidnapped her." I stated, proud I had remembered this important detail. However, this statement didn't seem to affect Theseus at all. He still looked relaxed and confident. "We could change the story." He said, leaning towards me. I didn't know what to do. I had nowhere to go. Theseus had me cornered. The only thing I could do was try to duck under his arms, which were situated around me, enclosing me. But I knew that this plan wasn't going to work.

Just as Theseus's lips were an inch from mine, a voice spoke up. It was the driver. "I'm sorry to interrupt Mr. Williams, but we're here." Theseus looked annoyed. He cursed silently and leaned away from me. I released a breath I didn't know I"d been holding. "Okay, thank you Stan." He replied dryly. He crossed his arms across his chest. He looked like a little kid throwing a tantrum because they didn't ge the new toy they wanted. I held back a laugh.Then a thought occurred to me.

"Theseus." I questioned him, tentative. "Stan said your last name was Williams. That wouldn't happen to be the same Williams that own The Williams Fund would it?" The Williams Fund was a business company that sold everything. They were highly successful, and in every store, I saw a product with the Williams label on it. He looked at me. "That would be the one." He said, looking at me, a sly grin spreading across his face. I didn't know what to say. Theseus had to be loaded. He probably even had more money than my father, which was really saying something. "Impressed, beautiful?" I blushed, lying. "Nope." His grin got bigger. He knew I was lying. "And that" He said, pointing out my window "is where  you'll be living." 

 I was set on not looking. I wasn't going to give in to Theseus. I figured if I made things as difficult as possible for him, he would eventually get tired of me and let me go. But, eventually, curiosity got the best of me. I looked out the window, and what I saw made me gasp.