Dr. Y/N L/N

The persistent beeping sound woke Jennie from her deep slumber. She stirred her body and opened her eyes and squinted them close. Her vision was still blurry and she felt her body throbbing.

"Ouch..." she mumbled and slowly opened her eyes again.

She looked up and saw the off-white ceiling. Turning her head to the side, she heard the sudden opening and closing of the door.

"Oh My God! Unnie!" she heard someone shout and envelop her in a sudden hug.

She felt a jolting pain surging through her and she winced. "Oof! Lisa! Get off me!" she keened in pain.

Lisa pulled apart and looked at her, saying, "You remember me? Oh my god! You're okay!"

"Of course, I remember you. Who can forget a monkey-like you?" Jennie teased and chuckled.

"You just woke up and you're already mean to me? Nice," Lisa said and rolled her eyes.

Jennie tried to sit up and get into a satisfactory position as Lisa helped her. "Thanks..." she said and settled comfortably. She pursued her lips and straightened her legs. They ached with pain but it was bearable.

"I'm gonna call the doctor. Stay like this, "Lisa said and left the room.

Jennie leaned her head back on the headboard. She let out a breath and looked around the room. It was neat and fresh, and the view outside the window was fascinating. She gawked at the skyscrapers that were visible from there.

She noticed that she was wearing a hospital gown. Raising her hand to scratch her head, she was met by some bandages.

Then, it slowly started dawning on her. She recollected that how she was talking to her Mom on the phone and then a bright light blinded her vision causing her to collide with a pole. She noticed that she had some scrapes and bruises here and there on her body.

CLICK!

The sudden opening and closing of the door made her look up to see someone standing wearing a white overcoat. It was the doctor, Jennie thought to herself and studied her under her scrutinizing gaze.

The doctor slowly walked up to her and gave her a small smile. She then turned up to the machines next to her and wrote something on her clipboard.

Jennie just stared at her like caught in a trance by the beauty in front of her. She noticed how the doctor was checking up on the glucose bottles and the heart rate monitor. However, a smile crept on her face when she heard her voice.

"Good morning, Ms. Kim. How are you feeling?" the doctor asked. "I am alive, but it hurts," Jennie replied and gave her a nonchalant shrug.

The doctor chuckled at her sense of humor. Jennie felt her heart fluttering at the sound of her harmonious laugh. She smiled broadly as the doctor fully turned to her.

She gently rested her hand on Jennie's head and examined the bandage. "You're lucky. You didn't have much of a damage," the doctor remarked.

Jennie's heart skipped a beat at the proximity of the doctor as she replied, "Thank you, Doctor..."

"Your Welcome, Ms. Kim. Well, looks like you're gonna be discharging soon," she replied while again jotting down on the clipboard.

Jennie was about to say something, but a sudden growl from her stomach made her blush in embarrassment. The doctor looked at her and then giggled. "Looks like you're hungry. I will send your friend in," she said and was about to go when Jennie grasped her wrist.

She looked down at her hand and then at Jennie. She raised her eyebrows in question as Jennie asked, "Can I know your name...?"

She gave her a warm smile and then said, "Dr. Y/N L/N." And with that, she left the room with Jennie smiling like a fool behind.