01

Avani woke with a jolt, wondering as to how and why is she still alive, she was a hundred percent sure that she died after being hit by a train!

She surveyed the room that she was in, and it somehow looked like the rooms that you can only see in historical fantasy manhwas,

'Shit, did I transmigrate into one of the manhwas that I've read?'

[Yes, Host. If Host is curious on who she ended up as, Host should check her face in the mirror.]

Avani threw the soft blankets away from her body and immediately stood up.

'What the hell? Who are you? What are you? And are you in my head?!'

[Oh, pardon me Host. This one is named system #0771 but if Host felt like it, Host can bestow a name on this one. I will be the one who will guide you through this arduous journey in ensuring that Host will survive.]

Avani can't possibly believe that she has a system, one that she only saw or read on various chinese novels, the most popular one being Scum Villain's Self Saving System. Avani felt her legs weaken that she had to plop back into a sitting position, she waited for a few moments to regain her strength and stood again.

'First things first, let's see my face.'

Avani walked towards her vanity table and took a seat, she braced herself for what she'll see before opening her eyes.

What greeted Avani shocked her to freaking bits.

'Seriously, System?! Out of all the characters?!'

Long chocolate brown hair, bright green eyes, and a beauty mark just below her mouth.

"Fuck!" She hissed when she realized that she ended up as the character in the novel who she really shit on.

"Lady Penelope! Are you okay?" A maid came barging through the door.

Avani smiled tightly and nodded her head, "Yes. I'm fine, can you leave for a minute?"

The maid was about to open her mouth to reply but the tight smile on her Lady's face shut her up and made her leave quickly.

Avani cursed every deity that exists that's responsible for her current predicament.

'Out of all the characters in this fucking novel, you really chose one of the most hated one? Answer me, System!'

[Oh, does Host dislike this character? You need to work on your dislike, Host, you are her after all.]

'No shit, I hate her! Seriously the only good that she did on this novel is to give birth to my precious Jennette!'

[To which, in this case, Host, you will be the one who will give birth to the Princess Jennette.]

Avani thinks that Jennette won't exist for this time around, since she is dead set on ensuring her survival. And yet, thinking of a world where Jennette doesn't exist, Avani feels that it will be a world where something is permanently lacking.

Avani, for the nth time, heaved a deep sigh. She then called for the maids and asked them to ready her bath and the dress that she'll wear for today.

When her bath is ready, Avani let herself relax for a little and thought of plans that may somehow help her in the future.

[Host can also ask for my help!]

Avani rolled her eyes and wished that her system will be able to see it.

Glancing around, Avani made sure that there were no maids within hearing zone that may snitch on her before talking to her system.

"Hey system, wait– I'll name you Tongtong, okay."

[Tongtong is glad to receive this name!]

Avani tried to hold back from rolling her eyes, "Fine, whatever. Anyway, Tongtong, say if I tried to do something that Penelope should not do, will there be consequences?"

[No, Host! Host is allowed to do anything that she wants, Tongtong is merely here to act as a helpful companion!"

"Great." Was Avani's dried reply.

Avani stood up from the bath tub, wore her undergarments, then went out of the bathroom to prepare herself for the day.

The maids prepared a white long sleeved dress shirt that will be topped by a black strapless corset, and a knee-length black skirt paired with 3 inch high ankle boots.

When Avani finished dressing up with the help of the maids, she looked at her reflection and admired the body and beauty that Penelope possesses.

Instead of going for the red lipstick that she usually wore, Avani chose the lighter one instead, the kind of lipstick that only makes your lips glossy. And in her opinion, Penelope looks much more beautiful wearing this instead of that bold red lipstick.

Avani braced herself before stepping out of the door, and beginning a new life as Penelope Judith.