#18

~Aki P.O.V~

This isn't possible; this can't be real! I saw Kyojuro in his casket before he was lowered right next to his mother! What kind of sick game is God playing with me this time?! Rengoku stares at me with an expressionless face, the complete opposite of when he was alive. "Kyojuro!" Douma yells as he casually drapes his arm over his shoulders, "you really do come at the worst times! You completely got in the way of me devouring this woman, you should really apologize." An eery smile forms on his face, "if you do, I'll let you eat her arms~."

Kyojuro didn't seem to bother or care about Douma's arm over his shoulders; he looked like he was in a trance or daze. Does he not recognize me at all?! "How did you turn him into a demon?" I ask with a quiet voice, "he was dead before you could turn him." Douma's eyes light up with excitement; it only makes me want to decapitate him even more. "It was quite simple~! You see, when my best friend Akaza had his arm through his stomach, some of his blood mixed with Kyojuros~! Since it was such a small amount, he didn't turn right away, a few weeks after he was buried, he came back to life~! Isn't that amazing~?!"

I hold back my vomit; how the hell can someone say that so casually and expect me to call it amazing?! Demons are truly more repulsive than I initially thought. Kyojuro moved his head to the left where Douma was; he didn't utter a sound, only continued to stare. "So," Douma says as he slowly licks his lips while watching me, "since you've been a good woman, I'll make your death as blissful as possible~!" One of his fans darts toward me, but Akaza is faster, grabbing and throwing me over his shoulder before bolting out the room, past Kyojuro and Douma.

I only have one nichirin blade now; the left sword fell out of the room and landed near Sanemi and Genya; they were still on the ground like Douma said; if Sanemi hadn't moved his arm just now, I would have thought they've already died. I want to slice Akaza right now, but he's moving so fast it's nearly impossible for me to land even a cut on him; the same goes with my hidden blades. I rather get dropped than be touched by him for a second longer; the slightest movement I make lessens his grip; Akaza tightens it.

God must really fucking hate me; one of the very few wishes I made came true. Douma threw one of his fans, and the blade sliced Akaza's arm off; I soon began to fall from such a high altitude at a rapid speed. There's nothing around me I can use to jab my nichirin blade into to slow the descent; at this rate, I'll splatter to death like a bug! "Perfect~!" Douma yells as he suddenly appears next to me; his hand grips my neck with a tremendous force; I can taste my blood, "now hold still~!"

I jab my foot blade straight into Douma's left eye, blood flew out and landed on my clothes, but he didn't seem to be bothered by this at all! Instead, his smile only grew along with a blush on his face, "the ones who fight taste better~!" Pearly white fangs got closer to my face, as did the ground; if this is how I'm going to die, then I would rather be a bug than demon food! Shoving my Nichirin blade through his mouth pierced through the back of his throat; my weapon was the only thing he was chomping down on now.

Using my other shoe blade, I shove it through his wrist; even the smallest lessen of his iron grip could make the biggest difference! With my neck free, I got behind him and shoved the sole of my foot down on his spine until I heard a loud snap sound; we were now falling faster than before. The blade of my nichirin sword hovered near my chest; once we both splatter to our deaths, I'll also be impaled. And with how deep I stabbed his eye, Douma won't regenerate.

A bright orange light comes closer, catching my attention as it also suddenly started to feel hotter. I lose my breath as someone brutally crashes against me; my head feels like it just slammed against a brick wall! No longer on Douma's back, my nichirin blade wasn't piercing through him anymore, but he still fell hard against the wooden floor not too far from Sanemi and Genya. His arms, legs, and head all dislocated from his body and landed all over the place; his blood started to drip down the edges.