Chapter One

...

"Mommy, mommy!"

Izuku Midoriya ran towards his mother, a giant grin on his freckled face. Inko turned in her chair to look down at her young son. He looked up at her with big, shiny green eyes.

"Daddy's coming to get me in TEN minutes," he exclaimed, holding up 10 litte fingers to emphasize his point.

"What should I wear," he asked, looking at the ground and tapping his chin.

Inko smiled at Izuku, "Well honey, since daddy's taking you to lunch for your special birthday, you should wear that new polo shirt he gave you. It makes him happy to see you using his gifts."

Izuku stared up at her in disbelief as if that was the most intellectually sound thing he'd ever heard in his life, "That makes sense! I'll go put it on!"

With that, he turned and sprinted back into his room. Inko smiled and spun to face her computer where important documents awaited her attention. Hisashi and Inko had gotten divorced just a year after Izuku had been born, but it had been a mutual and very clean process.

Inko and Hisashi had shared custody of the boy, and Hisashi often took Izuku on weekends, visited on holidays, and always watched him when Inko had to work.

Izuku's 4th birthday had been the week before, but Hisashi hadn't been able to make it. This entertainment-focused visit was his way of making it up to Izuku, and Inko was glad to let Hisashi distract Izuku to take his mind off of things.

"Things" being that his quirk still hadn't manifested. Hisashi insisted on the phone to the boy that Izuku was just a late bloomer, as Hisashi was himself. Inko hoped he was right, as she knew how the world viewed the quirkless.

A few minutes passed and Inko heard the pitter-patter of bare feet on the tile behind her.

"Mommy! I put my shirt on! How do I look?"

Inko spun to see her son with a light blue polo shirt and a pair of cargo shorts to complete his look. Izuku was the spitting image of his mother, aside from his fluffy white locks. She stood and swept him up in her arms and spun the little boy around, "I think you look exceptionally handsome, Izuku!"

Izuku giggled and spread his arms, mimicking a flying bird. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and the two occupants stopped. Izuku began to wiggle and the second Inko put him down, he shot towards the door. He swung it open, and behind it, as tall and handsome as ever, stood Hisashi Shigaraki.

"Hi daddy!" Izuku was absolutely ecstatic, but his father was a professional man, so the boy learned early to match his maturity as best as a four-year-old could. Hisashi smiled down at his son, meeting his grass-colored eyes with his piercing crimson ones.

"Hello, Izuku. I see you're wearing your new shirt. You look very smart in it."

"Mommy said I looked exceptionally handsome," Izuku nodded, and Hisashi chuckled.

"And your mother is quite right," he looked towards Inko, who stood just behind Izuku.

"Well Hisashi, as per usual, Izuku packed some clothes for his stay with you."

Hisashi sighed, but gave a playful wink, "and as per usual, he won't be needing anything, as I have prepared his room with everything he will need for the weekend."

Izuku blushed a little, "w-well daddy, you always say to be prepared for anything..."

"That I do, Izuku," he knelt beside Izuku and patted his son's head. "That I do."

"Well, rush hour is in 30 or so minutes, so we should get going."

"Yes, I suppose you should. We wouldn't want you two getting caught in traffic for the weekend, would we," Inko jokes, looking down at Izuku who furiously shook his head.