chapter 20

After that night we had all been finding ways to stop Jackson but today was the day, my first day at work and the full moon.

I got up early and was on the way to work when I saw Lydia making her way to the forest, I thought nothing of it and made my way. I parked the car and went in. today was just basic work like files and checking records and stuff so it wasn’t too bad. I finished my shift and went home to shower and change. I decided that today I was going to dress up a bit.

I slipped on some skinny black jeans and my black lace top and my tight fit leather jacket along with some wedge boots. I made my way down to the car and got in.

I was driving into the forest and it was dark Derek’s care was outside and I parked next to him. I heard a scream and ran inside; when I got in I let the scene unfold before my eyes. Lydia stood there covered in dirt and Derek was lying on the floor and had claws digging into his arm. I was too late.

A man rose from the dirt and I ran to Derek. “Are you OK” I hugged him and he sighed.

I looked up at Lydia and she looked like she was about to pass out. The guy from the grave watched me help Derek up and he smirked exactly like Derek.

“Well aren’t you pretty” he put his hand forward and I moved my hand and he went flying. Before I knew it he took off. “Derek you need to go after him” he shook his head.

“No today is important we need to do this spell tonight.”

I looked to Lydia and she was gone.

I heard a car pull up and I went outside. Damon came out and grabbed Lydia to stop her from running.  I blew on her eyes and she fell asleep I got my phone out and texted Scott to come and get her.

“We only have about 20 minutes to do this so we needed to get started” bonnie called.

We had set up the things we needed and al me and Derek had to do was share the potion. I slit my finger and put my blood in it and so did Derek. Bonnie and I chanted the spell and Derek and I held hands. We both drank the potion and the flames around us grew. We finished the spell and we split apart.

I collapsed to the ground in pain, I was holding my head and so was he. Images of us when we were little passed through my mind.

Him and I were sitting on the porch and he kissed me on the lips, and I saw my parents doing a spell on me. That was the last image I saw before I blacked out.