Chapter 68

"Come on guys, get a room" Suga complained, a broad gummy smile betraying the annoyance in his tone. The world of the living gave the two lovers no calm, as they parted unwillingly. A highly visible wet patch on his shirt was left behind as a result of the torrent of her tears. Embarrassed as she was, she tried to hide it with her little hands placing them on his chest, unknowingly making him stiff.

He held her wrist and stooped down a little to meet her eyes, "So. You missed me?" he asks, a hint of devilish grin in his eyes.

She looked away, not meeting his piercing gaze. Yes, she missed him. She obviously did and she already accepted that, but now she cannot say that she did, satisfying his cruel curiosity.

"No" she said, stopping her real feelings from creeping up her throat. He tilted his face to look into her eyes and they were actually a reflection of her heart that utterly betrayed her words. Looking at her running away from every attempt he made to make an eye contact, he chuckled.

"Lets cut the cake, its already 12:30" Namjoon said and everyone joined the little cake cutting ceremony, enjoying themselves. Soon, they all left leaving behind Kaylie and Taehyung. Awkwardness soon filled up the atmosphere.

"So.. um.. you're here?" He asked, not knowing the correct words he should be saying.

"Yeah! I'm here" she answered, a glint of stars in her brown eyes, as if a meteor struck the ground. He nodded in response, coughing awkwardly.

"I think...umm.. I should leave?" 

"NO! No.. I mean.. if you're comfortable.." Again, a loss of words struck him. Looking around for any excuse, his eyes fell on the cake, "at least have the cake."

She nodded as she proceeded towards the little table, in intention to pick up the plate while he himself was doing it for her. Their fingers brushed against each other as both of them retreated theirs back, leading the paper plate to swirl in the air and finally land on the ground delicately. Their eyes met and both the pairs bore the same fire. He leaned in slightly, their faces, inches apart. Hot breath hitting each other's face.

"Kaylie, you want me to drop y- oh sorry!" Jimin entered but soon placed his hand over his eyes and stormed out. The same awkward tension filled the air. He retreated back, picking up the plate. She nervously placed her hand on the back of her neck, "I- I should leave now."

"Cake?"

"Later" she mumbled as she stormed out of the room, one of her hand reaching her chest as if trying to soothe her pounding heart. He, on the other hand let out a breath, he didn't even knew he was holding. A smile crept his face as a pink tinge covered his entire face. He looked at the paper plate in his hand and smiled even more. The smile only widening with each second that passed. He plopped on the bed, arms wide open as if hugging the air, staring at the ceiling. "This was all real" he said, a sort of madness rushed through his veins as he hugged the pillow beside him, trying to conceal his face as to how much embarrassed he was with his own thoughts.

°
30th December, 6:00 AM

The sound of the door bell ringing woke her up. She didn't even realise when she slept while reading their previous chats. She opened the door, still not ready to take in the light. Not to her surprise, it was Tae.

"Come on! Lets go", his voice was exuberant.

"Huh? Where?" She said rubbing her knuckles on her eyes.

"Jimin told me you aren't here for long, I didn't wanna waste time."

"And so you woke up someone at 6 who slept at 3?" She complained, he slightly chuckled, sliding his hand in his pockets, taking out a handkerchief and using it to wipe off the drool on her face. She flinched from the unexpected action and backed a little.

"Lemme wash up."

"No need. Lets go!" He was impatient.

"Are you crazy?"

"But, I like you either way. It doesn't matter to me how you look."

It was the sentence at which she finally fully opened her eyes, she pointed at her luggage, "I took pains in bringing that, I will not let it go waste. Just settle down here, I'll come in a minute."

His disappointed pout was hidden by the mask he was wearing while he measured his way to the couch. She rummaged through her luggage and finally left and came back in a few minutes.

She moved around in front of him, "how do I look? Is it so simple? Should I change to something more aesthetic? Ugh I only brought these boxy clothes

She moved around in front of him, "how do I look? Is it so simple? Should I change to something more aesthetic? Ugh I only brought these boxy clothes."

He was just dazing at how different and absolutely gorgeous she looked while she was still moving about the room. He finally stood up and pulled her towards himself by her wrist, brushing a strand of hair off her face to take in a better view, "you look absolutely beautiful". Her breathing hitched as his eyes met with hers, both had their pupils dilating, is that what we call darkening of eyes? Cause the lighter portion was obviously being suppressed. His one hand caressed her cheek lightly, while the other found its way around her waist, delicately, as if afraid that she may break.

"T-Tae" , she stopped, her heart as if pounding in her throat.

"I love you" he said, furthermore shushing her. He took in her features well, her eyes were fixed on his.

*Phone rings*

"Oh sorry", she instinctively cringed back taking the call. "Its Jimin" she mouthed and watching him mumbling angrily, she chuckled.

[Where are you
guys? He said he'll return
soon.]

[Yeah. We were just leaving]

[Were you guys.. by any
chance..]

[NO!]

[Now, I have to think before
calling everytime.]

[*mumbles : I wish you had*]

[Huh?]

[Nothing. Byee]

[Bye]

Call ended