20. The wine dude

En başından başla

'Wow,' Thalia muttered. 'Apollo is hot.'

I smirked and looked over to face her, wiggling my eyebrows. I yelped when Thalia lashed out and punched me in the arm.

'Kelp head,' she murmured under her breath, making me smile.

'Little sister!' Apollo called out with his arms outstretched, smiling so bright it was as if the sun car was still glowing. 'What's up? You never call. You never write. I was getting worried!'

'I'm fine, Apollo,' Artemis rolled her eyes. 'And I am not your little sister.'

'Hey, I was born first.' Apollo shrugged.

I had to keep my laughter in. Artemis and Apollo arguing who was older was one thing that showed that gods aren't always just that: gods, immortal beings that have lived for thousands of years. Whenever I witness things like Artemis' and Apollo's arguments, it shows me that the Gods of Olympus are still human, or at least a part of them are. A very tiny part.

'I need a favour,' Artemis said slowly, making sure that Apollo was listening to what she was about to say. 'I have some hunting to do, alone. I need you to take my companions to Camp Half-Blood.'

'Sure, sis!' Apollo grinned before closing his eyes, raising his hands in the air in a stop everything gesture. 'I feel a haiku coming on.'

Every single Hunter let out a groan, and I let one out with them. I wasn't sure whether Apollo was serious about his haikus or not but either way, they were absolutely terrible.

Clearing his throat, Apollo took a deep breath.

'Green grass breaks through snow.
Artemis pleads for my help.
I am so cool.'

He paused and looked at us expectantly, grinning, like we were supposed to clap or something. All I can say is that whatever that was, it wasn't worth an applause from me. 

'The last line was four syllables,' Artemis stated bluntly.

'Was it?'

'Yes. What about I am so big-headed?'Artemis supplied helpfully.

'No, no, that's six syllables. Hmm.' Apollo's eyebrows scrunched together as he tried thinking of a line with five syllables.

Zoë Nightshade spared us a glance. 'Lord Apollo has been going through this haiku phase ever since he visited Japan. 'Tis not as bad as the time he visited Limerick. If I'd had to hear one more poem that started with, There once was a goddess from Sparta-'

I shuddered involuntarily. Even the starting line of the poem sounded bad. I genuinely felt bad for whoever had to hear Apollo's limericks.

'I've got it!' Apollo suddenly shouted out, startling Grover and Thalia who were not expecting it at all. 'I am so awesome. That's five syllables!'

Artemis rolled her eyes but with a small smile nonetheless. 

'And now, sis. Transportation for the Hunters, you say?' Apollo looked over our group. 'Good timing. I was just about ready to roll.'

'These demigods will also need a ride,' Artemis said gesturing to Thalia and me. 'Some of Chiron's campers.'

'No problem!' Apollo said cheerfully before turning to study us. 'Let's see...Thalia, right? I've heard all about you.'

'Hi, Lord Apollo.' Thalia said blushing. I tried my hardest not to let out a smirk.

'Zeus' girl, yes? Makes you my half-sister. Used to be a tree, didn't you? Glad you're back. I hate it when pretty girls turn into trees. Man, I remember one time-'