Chapter 20: The Morning

*Edited*

People were rushing around the manor with fire in their steps. Everything was brought into the house and arranged in a rush due to the fact, that John moved the wedding to Friday (which just so happened to be tomorrow). Grace sat upon a a lounge chair with a book held tightly in her slightly shaking hand. She had been on the same page for about half an hour; unable to concentrate on the print, going over and over the same sentence as the nerves only seemed to grew within her.

With a heavy sighed she shut the book with a loud bang demonstrating her frustration. Grace then let her head fall back on the seat while dropping the book onto her lap. Her deep purple dress hung comfortable in a corset from above her chest. Her shoulder covered midway leading into tight fitted sleeves; at the waist the corset finished to give way to a shoulder width dress that fell to the floor. She turned her head to looked out the window at the night sky then back down to the book. The room lit up by the soft orange light of the fire.

" Grace? Whats wrong?" John asked as he walked into the room looking at the Grace; her face looked annoyed as she glared at the green hardback book within her left hand. The fingers on her right hand delicately traced the golden letters that were dipped into the book elegantly, shining in the dull light.

Her eyes snapped up to John and her shoulders loosened and her face softened when she saw him. She smiled gently as he swiftly walked over to her; Grace patted the soft cushioned space too her left, John sat down and wrapped his arms around her as she move her left shoulder down and curled her head down onto his chest.

" I am just nervous, that is all." Grace told him with a sigh. John laughed softly sending small vibrations through her body; causing a smile to form warmly on her lips

" Is that why you hurt the book?" He asked her through his chuckles as he rubs his hand up and down her right arm.

" I have been on the same page for half an hour now and was getting nowhere. I simply got frustrated." She told him and he pulled her closer to him; Grace placed her right hand onto his chest and ran her thumb softly her his shirt, making themselves more comfortable in each others embrace.

" I love you, my sweet, sweet angel." John whispered softly to her. The sound of the crackling wood burning echoed through the room.

" I love you too." She whispered and before she released it, she drifted off into a calm sleep within his arms; John not too far behind her.

The moon soon fell behind the horizon and the stars began to fade in place for the sun and blue skies to take their place. The birds slowly began to sing for the morning as they perched themselves on the dew soaked branches while the rabbits and foxes walked around the dew covered grass. Golden rays peaked through the large windows and landed onto John's closed eyes causing him to stir awake.

He sighed as his eyes opened one after the other; blinking to get used to the light from the direct sun light. He moved to stand but quickly realised he had a weight on his chest holding him down. His eyes lazily wondered to look upon a bundle of flaming locks that belonged to his love, just under his chin. With a tender smile he kissed her hair and rubbed her arm softly as she began to stir in his arms.

" Good morning my dear." John whispered as he kissed the top of her head causing her to sigh and moved her head to look up with a sleepy smile.

" Good morning." She spoke quietly as John moved his lips down onto hers to place quick peck twice before smiling brightly.

" What?" Grace asked at his smile as he chuckled and kissed her again.

" Well for one, your here in my arms." He whispered before kissing her again; but lasting a few seconds longer.

" And?" Grace asked him before another kiss.

" Its our wedding day." He said looking at Grace's widening eyes, she began to softly shake by him. John moved a hand onto her cheek and chuckled at her reaction, placing yet another kiss upon her slightly open lips causing her to blink back into reality.

" Its our wedding day... John." Grace said with a frightened look as John caressed her cheek soothingly; trying to calm her down.

" You will look beautiful, just as you do every single day and night." John whispered lightly to her staring deep into her eyes; showing that he believed every word he had just muttered.

" But what if I make a fool of myself? What if I trip while walking down the aisle or... or." Grace slowly began to panic at the thought of ruining the day. John moved so he could place both his hands onto her face holding her steady.

" Hey, no. Grace, you will be fine. You will be just perfectly fine." John whispered to her with a gentle smile to her as he kissed her forehead; quickly pulling her into an embrace.

" Your just nervous. That is only to be expected for a bride." John whispered to her as he pulled away and stood up, he then pulled her with him. They walked over towards the hall before stopping just at the room's door. John stopped and turned around to face Grace. His face held many expressions to which Grace could not figure out.

" Now, you need to go and get yourself ready, my bride." John told her with his hands in hers as he walked her out the room and into the hall. He placed a hand on her cheek while he held the other with a smile. He placed one last kiss on her lips before he smiled softly.

" I will see you at the alter." He whispered before walking away from her down the hall. Grace placed a hand on her chest as if to try and stop her heart from pouncing out her chest. Grace turned and gingerly walked down the hall, prolonging the time to it would take for her to reach her room: for as soon as she would enter, maids would begin to prepare her.

Today was the day her mother would always tease her about. Saying Grace would be the most beautiful and flamboyant bride in all the lands, causing every man's head to turn at her brilliance and beauty. She would always say that the man at the end of the aisle would be a great and honest man, as Grace always found such in places no one else would care to look.

She also said that she would be there to take her father's place to give her away. Now she had no one to give her away, the only family she had left wanted her to marry another; a man who beat her and tried to rape her. She did not noticed that, in her inner thoughts, she had arrived at the door to her room. She pushed it open to see all the maids standing in her room looking panicked as they turned their heads to the open door.

" Miss Grace! There you are. We looked everywhere for you! Gave us a heart attack!" Cas spoke frantically as she rushed forward and pulled her into the room, quickly closing the door behind them.

" Sorry, I was with John. And where have you been hiding, Cas?" Grace muttered quickly to her as she was dragged behind a screen and had the corset to her dress untied and the purple material pulled from her frame; leaving her in her white undergarments.

" Oh me, I was taking a little break." Cas said with a tinted blush on her cheeks. Grace smiled at the understanding that she was with a man. Most likely the one from the market place. 

" Now we must be quick, 'tis your big day, ya must be all shinning fir the Master." Another maid informed her and as she pushed Grace to a bath filled with warm water.

" Of course. Time to get ready..." Grace said shakily to herself as she stepped into the warm water; allowing it to sooth out her stress for the time being.